Click Official ELI Links
Get Help With Your Extortion Letter | ELI Phone Support | ELI Legal Representation Program
Show your support of the ELI website & ELI Forums through a PayPal Contribution. Thank you for supporting the ongoing fight and reporting of Extortion Settlement Demand Letters.

Author Topic: Don't Pay Getty - Thank you ELI  (Read 14205 times)

Peeved

Re: Don't Pay Getty - Thank you ELI
« Reply #15 on: August 16, 2012, 05:12:34 PM »
lol..

Although I would agree with you Mulligan that "That members of the fairer sex would find it hard to piss into the wind" in a literal sense, I tend to disagree speaking strictly metaphorically. In such cases we "fairer sex" types tend to do this quite frequently with regard to the opposite sex.
 8)

SoylentGreen

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 16, 2012, 05:24:17 PM »
Hard, but not impossible.
Have to ask Linda Ellis about it.

S.G.

Robert Krausankas (BuddhaPi)

• ELI Defense Team Member
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • ExtortionLetterInfo
« Reply #17 on: August 16, 2012, 05:41:22 PM »
Hard, but not impossible.
Have to ask Linda Ellis about it.

S.G.

I would have to agree here, I've seen some very talented ladies, do some rather amazing things...just sayin...
Most questions have already been addressed in the forums, get yourself educated before making decisions.

Any advice is strictly that, and anything I may state is based on my opinions, and observations.
Robert Krausankas

I have a few friends around here..

Dan Evans

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 27, 2012, 09:37:26 AM »
I think you could have a very valid legal challenge of this claim if they pursue it. They might have accidentally made a slip which would expose a very questionable practice of theirs.

I think Getty may agree with you. I got a reply email on Aug 24th saying they consider the matter resolved.

This makes me wonder if I have grounds to pursue anything. All I would really want want is for a judge to take a look at their practices, for Getty to pay the legal fees and reimburse me for the time and effort wasted on this issue, and a written apology signed by the top brass of Getty.

Robert Krausankas (BuddhaPi)

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • ExtortionLetterInfo
« Reply #19 on: August 27, 2012, 09:49:20 AM »
Congrats on willing the battle, I was fairly confident they would "close" this case..Probably in your best interest to let it go at this point, unless you feel compelled to lodge a complaint with the Attorney General, after all they did waste your time, and one more complaint, makes us that much closer to someone actually taking a look at this issue. If you do decide to do this, I would also note in the complaint that Getty has since closed this case, but you would still like this to be noted in the public record.
Most questions have already been addressed in the forums, get yourself educated before making decisions.

Any advice is strictly that, and anything I may state is based on my opinions, and observations.
Robert Krausankas

I have a few friends around here..

Matthew Chan

• ELI Founder, "Admin-on-Hiatus"
  • Administrator
  • 1st Amendment & Section 230 CDA Advocate
    • View Profile
    • Defiantly
« Reply #20 on: August 27, 2012, 11:30:06 AM »
Good Job, Dan. Thanks for providing us an update on your case. It obviously does pay to exercise some intelligence in these matters.
I'm a non-lawyer but not legally ignorant either. Under the 1st Amendment, I have the right to post facts & opinions using rhetorical hyperbole, colloquialisms, metaphors, parody, snark, or epithets. Under Section 230 of CDA, I'm only responsible for posts I write, not what others write.

SoylentGreen

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 27, 2012, 01:28:32 PM »
One has to wonder how many people paid big money to the Getty trolls for images that are public domain and free?
Interesting business model, for sure.

S.G.

Greg Troy (KeepFighting)

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Yeah, We Do That.
« Reply #22 on: March 17, 2013, 08:25:37 PM »
adding this thread to the archive.

#gettyflubs
Every situation is unique, any advice or opinions I offer are given for your consideration only. You must decide what is best for you and your particular situation. I am not a lawyer and do not offer legal advice.

--Greg Troy

Official ELI Help Options
Get Help With Your Extortion Letter | ELI Phone Support Call | ELI Defense Letter Program
Show your support of the ELI website & ELI Forums through a PayPal Contribution. Thank you for supporting the ongoing fight and reporting of Extortion Settlement Demand Letters.