Click Official ELI Links
Get Help With Your Extortion Letter | ELI Phone Support | ELI Legal Representation Program
Show your support of the ELI website & ELI Forums through a PayPal Contribution. Thank you for supporting the ongoing fight and reporting of Extortion Settlement Demand Letters.

Author Topic: ELI Founder Matthew Chan Returns to ELI After Year-Long Exile  (Read 14051 times)

Greg Troy (KeepFighting)

• ELI Defense Team Member
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Yeah, We Do That.
Re: ELI Founder Matthew Chan Returns to ELI After Year-Long Exile
« Reply #15 on: February 01, 2014, 05:48:58 PM »
Be sure to update you BIO too, it should reflect your nearly your long absence as well as credit Timothy McCormack of McCormack IP law for your return. 

It's the least you can do for him.  ;)

Hey - You need to change the "Founder-In-Silence" thing! Welcome back!
Every situation is unique, any advice or opinions I offer are given for your consideration only. You must decide what is best for you and your particular situation. I am not a lawyer and do not offer legal advice.

--Greg Troy

Matthew Chan

• ELI Founder, "Admin-on-Hiatus"
  • Administrator
  • 1st Amendment & Section 230 CDA Advocate
    • View Profile
    • Defiantly
« Reply #16 on: February 01, 2014, 05:52:01 PM »
Yes, I agree with you.  Even I surprised myself I was away that long.  Time flies. I had to go back to the forum calendar to see when I lasted posted anything. 

Honestly, I am back but I am not that thrilled about it given the circumstances.

He really is a Copyright Cow.  Only a cow could be so dumb to send bogus extortion letters to three of the most outspoken opponents of stock photo copyright extortion there is.  Timmy sent a letter to me, you, and Oscar! 

I have to believe that Timmy's staff and his cohorts in the copyright extortion business are shaking their heads over this thinking, "How dumb can Timmy be?"  It was nice, quiet, and drama-free on ELI for 10 months. But he could not leave us alone.

Timmy even had the nerve to send an extortion letter to Oscar Michelen's house!  Is that stupid or what?  Did Timmy think Oscar would just cower down and not respond to this unprofessional behavior?  WTF.

I for one an more than Happy to share Timmy with you, your being silent for this long was rather surprising to me, but not as surprising that none other than McCormack Intellectual Property Law actually is responsible for you coming back. maybe Timothy B. McCormack isn't so bad after all...

Nah, he's still an asshat and dickwad in my humble opinion... I can still have my opinion can't I??
I'm a non-lawyer but not legally ignorant either. Under the 1st Amendment, I have the right to post facts & opinions using rhetorical hyperbole, colloquialisms, metaphors, parody, snark, or epithets. Under Section 230 of CDA, I'm only responsible for posts I write, not what others write.

Matthew Chan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Defiantly
« Reply #17 on: February 01, 2014, 05:53:22 PM »
You guys are killing me!  All of you so-called friends are enjoying my weird comeback way too much.  Now, I have all this non-revenue generating work to do to update everything.  Ugh.

Be sure to update you BIO too, it should reflect your nearly your long absence as well as credit Timothy McCormack of McCormack IP law for your return. 

I'm a non-lawyer but not legally ignorant either. Under the 1st Amendment, I have the right to post facts & opinions using rhetorical hyperbole, colloquialisms, metaphors, parody, snark, or epithets. Under Section 230 of CDA, I'm only responsible for posts I write, not what others write.

Greg Troy (KeepFighting)

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Yeah, We Do That.
« Reply #18 on: February 01, 2014, 06:02:05 PM »
You can deduct it from my generous pay.  ;)

You guys are killing me!  All of you so-called friends are enjoying my weird comeback way too much.  Now, I have all this non-revenue generating work to do to update everything.  Ugh.

Every situation is unique, any advice or opinions I offer are given for your consideration only. You must decide what is best for you and your particular situation. I am not a lawyer and do not offer legal advice.

--Greg Troy

Robert Krausankas (BuddhaPi)

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • ExtortionLetterInfo
« Reply #19 on: February 01, 2014, 06:11:21 PM »
You can deduct it from my generous pay.  ;)

Speaking of which...I need a raise
« Last Edit: February 01, 2014, 11:09:21 PM by Matthew Chan »
Most questions have already been addressed in the forums, get yourself educated before making decisions.

Any advice is strictly that, and anything I may state is based on my opinions, and observations.
Robert Krausankas

I have a few friends around here..

Matthew Chan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Defiantly
« Reply #20 on: February 02, 2014, 03:45:20 AM »
Thank you Jerry, Do you think I should run out and send Timmy a thank you card for what he did to get me back in?  He sure is brilliant isn't he?  I guess that is why Getty Images went out and hired Attorney Scott Wilsdon of Yarsmuth Wilsdon PLLC to roll out the most recent Getty Images lawsuits.

Boy, I really thought I was going to make 12 months.  Things were so quiet and I was loving it. Alas, it was not to be.

Matthew's Back. Woot!!

It's great to see you back on your board Matt. We missed you. I'm sure Seattle lawyer Timothy McCormack of McCormack lntellectual Property Law is glad he pulled you back onto these boards. 

The way I see it is he is accusing you of copyright infringement for retouched parody images that are NOT currently on your site, in posts that were not created by you but rather other users, and hosted on completely different servers? Is that correct?

Wow. What a copyright expert.

Anyway, Thank you Tim McCormack for doing something that everyone on ELI wanted to see happen for a long time.

Welcome back, Matthew Chan.

scraggy

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 02, 2014, 06:44:01 AM »
A hearty welcome back from around the globe! The anti-copyright troll world is a safer place with you back at the helm!
Ian

SJD

• View Profile
    • Fight Copyright Trolls
« Reply #22 on: February 02, 2014, 11:45:29 PM »
Cheers, Matt.

McCormack's attack stinks badly, it is not only attack on you, Oscar or Robert, it is attack to all the anti-troll communities, thus it's my duty to help spreading the word and exposing this turd of a "lawyer," Timothy McCormack.

Matthew Chan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Defiantly
« Reply #23 on: February 03, 2014, 01:06:36 AM »
SJD,

What a pleasant surprise you stopping by. I had planned on reaching out to you but I have been literally swamped with unexpected work due to this unexpected attack and accusation on me and ELI. I am guessing you found out about this latest fiasco from news announcements from Copyright-Trolls.com.

There are several announcements in quick succession that are being rolled out.  People within the ELI Forums will get advanced knowledge before a "formal" article is posted on the ELI Blog side.

Allow me to publicly state my gratitude for your friendship and support the last 2 years. Especially last year, when ELI faced its greatest legal challenge during its (then) 5-year existence.  ELI was almost shutdown during that tumultuous time but loyal and dedicated ELI Volunteers saved it and kept it operating.

You have no idea how much it means to me for you to make an appearance here and voicing your support.  As the reinstated Leader of ELI, I speak for the ELI Community that we are honored and privileged to have you here and caring enough to step in.

For those of you who don't know who SJD is, SJD operates and writes one of the most influential, respected blogs on the Internet covering and reporting on Copyright Trolls and has been instrumental in helping put an end to the reign of terror and fraud perpetuated and spewed by Prenda Law, one of the most despised abusers of the court system in extorting money from alleged infringers. SJD can be found at http://fightcopyrighttrolls.com. This blog is read by the "big boys" such as TechDirt, Ars Technica, EFF, and many others.

By comparison, ELI is "small fry" compared to the audience they reach. But we are a fiesty, tight-knitted group of extortion-fighters standing up for the little guys.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2014, 01:12:48 AM by Matthew Chan »

Greg Troy (KeepFighting)

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Yeah, We Do That.
« Reply #24 on: February 03, 2014, 07:47:54 AM »
Welcome SDJ!  I have been following www.fightcopyrighttrolls.com now for a couple of years and have gleaned quite a bit of excellent and timely information from your site.  Thank you for all you do and I am very glad you are here!

Cheers, Matt.

McCormack's attack stinks badly, it is not only attack on you, Oscar or Robert, it is attack to all the anti-troll communities, thus it's my duty to help spreading the word and exposing this turd of a "lawyer," Timothy McCormack.

--Greg Troy

ntawadrous

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 20, 2014, 11:54:03 AM »
Hi guys,

I am Canadian and brand new to this forum!!

Can someone help me on how to start a new thread?  I can't find a button that does that. 

Sorry, if I posted in the wrong thread but that what I found most recent and that my message will find a response.

Appreciate it!!!

Robert Krausankas (BuddhaPi)

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • ExtortionLetterInfo
« Reply #26 on: February 20, 2014, 12:11:32 PM »
Hi guys,
I am Canadian and brand new to this forum!!
Can someone help me on how to start a new thread?  I can't find a button that does that.
Sorry, if I posted in the wrong thread but that what I found most recent and that my message will find a response.
Appreciate it!!!

simply go to the forum you want to post in , and click the big red button on the upper right that says "new topic"
Most questions have already been addressed in the forums, get yourself educated before making decisions.

Any advice is strictly that, and anything I may state is based on my opinions, and observations.
Robert Krausankas

I have a few friends around here..

Official ELI Help Options
Get Help With Your Extortion Letter | ELI Phone Support Call | ELI Defense Letter Program
Show your support of the ELI website & ELI Forums through a PayPal Contribution. Thank you for supporting the ongoing fight and reporting of Extortion Settlement Demand Letters.