Click Official ELI Links
Get Help With Your Extortion Letter | ELI Phone Support | ELI Legal Representation Program
Show your support of the ELI website & ELI Forums through a PayPal Contribution. Thank you for supporting the ongoing fight and reporting of Extortion Settlement Demand Letters.

Author Topic: Email from PicRights  (Read 4944 times)

wooley

• View Profile
Email from PicRights
« on: June 21, 2018, 01:36:00 PM »
Hi all

I received an email today from a company called PicRights who is allegedly representing Stock Food America. Our small business is a grocery retail and unfortunately one of our web guys used an image that was registered to the Stock Food America site. I personally immediately removed the image, though I am wondering "What now?".

The initial email was requesting $770 for the infringement, though a follow up email "discounted" this fee by 22% making it $600 dollars. They have an elaborate site that demonstrates the infringement, and has "supporting documents" as follows:
1. A Statement of Authorization from Stock Food (though it is dated from November 2017 and is generic, with no mentioned of our case / company / anything)
2. A Settlement and Release Agreement signed by Stock Food
3. Confirmation of Rights Holdership though does not make specific mention to any patent number or anything (not sure if that is necessary though).
4. Request for Payment

Like many of you, I am fearful of this letter, though reading stories, sounds like I am not alone... any insight / advice / experience to share is greatly appreciated.

wooley

• View Profile
Re: Email from PicRights
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2018, 12:46:01 PM »
To add to this, I just received this morning a physical letter from PicRights. It appears to be the exact same as the email that was sent, just printed on to paper and folded into an envelope. There are no signatures or anything present.

Thoughts?

Official ELI Help Options
Get Help With Your Extortion Letter | ELI Phone Support Call | ELI Defense Letter Program
Show your support of the ELI website & ELI Forums through a PayPal Contribution. Thank you for supporting the ongoing fight and reporting of Extortion Settlement Demand Letters.