Click Official ELI Links
Get Help With Your Extortion Letter | ELI Phone Support | ELI Legal Representation Program
Show your support of the ELI website & ELI Forums through a PayPal Contribution. Thank you for supporting the ongoing fight and reporting of Extortion Settlement Demand Letters.

Author Topic: FunnyJunk Attorney Charles Carreon is a Tool & Dumb Extortion Lawyer  (Read 10659 times)

Matthew Chan

• ELI Founder, "Admin-on-Hiatus"
  • Administrator
  • 1st Amendment & Section 230 CDA Advocate
    • View Profile
    • Defiantly
Re: FunnyJunk Attorney Charles Carreon is a Tool & Dumb Extortion Lawyer
« Reply #15 on: June 26, 2012, 09:59:03 PM »
As if Charles wasn't enough, Tara Carreon is jumping into the fray.

She actually thinks she is helping Charles here. This is truly a case of blind stupidity that just keeps giving.

The Carreons absolutely have no clue why this is happening to them. 

http://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2012/06/funnyjunk-lawyers-wife-wades-into-fray-calls-critics-nazi-scumbags/
I'm a non-lawyer but not legally ignorant either. Under the 1st Amendment, I have the right to post facts & opinions using rhetorical hyperbole, colloquialisms, metaphors, parody, snark, or epithets. Under Section 230 of CDA, I'm only responsible for posts I write, not what others write.

Matthew Chan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Defiantly
« Reply #16 on: June 26, 2012, 10:02:00 PM »
Watch the tragedy that is called Tara Carreon respond to the adoring public. She is truly a class act.

http://www.techdirt.com/user/taracarreon
I'm a non-lawyer but not legally ignorant either. Under the 1st Amendment, I have the right to post facts & opinions using rhetorical hyperbole, colloquialisms, metaphors, parody, snark, or epithets. Under Section 230 of CDA, I'm only responsible for posts I write, not what others write.

Moe Hacken

• We have not yet begun to hack
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 27, 2012, 12:12:19 AM »
It's quite obvious what the "dividing line" is: Inman is funny, the Carreons are boorish, mean-spirited douchebags.

It looks like they're bent on proving that there IS such a thing as bad publicity. The Streisand-On-Steroids Effect!
I'd rather die on my feet than live on my knees

Matthew Chan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Defiantly
« Reply #19 on: June 27, 2012, 09:20:03 PM »
I disagree on the very last article, this lawsuit thing being something that backfired.

Carreon made Inman a bigger hero than ever and helping Inman earn even more money and fame.  Although a time-suck and slightly inconvenient, he is in a great position and this is going to do wonders for Inman. It is giving him millions of dollars marketing coverage and fame. He is on the right side of this fight.

I would gladly step into Matthew Inman's shoes lawsuit and all.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2012, 10:37:57 AM by Matthew Chan »

April Brown (AuctionApril)

• View Profile
    • AprilBrown.com
« Reply #20 on: June 27, 2012, 11:03:23 PM »
agreed

Greg Troy (KeepFighting)

• ELI Defense Team Member
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Yeah, We Do That.
« Reply #21 on: June 27, 2012, 11:32:49 PM »
I agree that this is not what I would consider having backfired, with Carreon trying to stop fund raising for charity, and his wife on a wild rant, this cannot help Carreon's case in the public eye.  And let's not forget how this all started too, with Matthew Inman bloging about Funnyjunk hosting hundreds of his images without permission and often without credit then Funnyjunk trying to collect 20k for defamation.  The whole thing was ill conceived from the start and Carreon just keeps digging himself in deeper all the time, while it appears that Funkyjunk has had enough sense to let it go and try to distance themselves from the fiasco they are still mentioned in every article about Carreon.

I would love to hear Oscar's opinion of all of this.

@Matthew
I think this would be a great topic for the ELI Factor

I disagree on the very last article, this lawsuit thing being something that backfired.

Carreon made Inman a bigger hero than ever and helping Inman earn even more money and farm.  Although a time-suck and slightly inconvenient, he is in a great position and this is going to do wonders for Inman. It is giving him millions of free coverage and fame. He is on the right side of this fight.

I would gladly step into Matthew Inman's shoes lawsuit and all.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2012, 10:38:41 AM by Matthew Chan »
Every situation is unique, any advice or opinions I offer are given for your consideration only. You must decide what is best for you and your particular situation. I am not a lawyer and do not offer legal advice.

--Greg Troy

Official ELI Help Options
Get Help With Your Extortion Letter | ELI Phone Support Call | ELI Defense Letter Program
Show your support of the ELI website & ELI Forums through a PayPal Contribution. Thank you for supporting the ongoing fight and reporting of Extortion Settlement Demand Letters.