Click Official ELI Links
Get Help With Your Extortion Letter | ELI Phone Support | ELI Legal Representation Program
Show your support of the ELI website & ELI Forums through a PayPal Contribution. Thank you for supporting the ongoing fight and reporting of Extortion Settlement Demand Letters.

Author Topic: Getty has accepted my offer  (Read 5962 times)

accepted

• View Profile
Getty has accepted my offer
« on: December 06, 2012, 02:08:29 AM »
Long time lurker, first time poster.

A quick summary of my history with Getty:
- late 2011, received letter from Getty regarding 1 image (removed immediately), asking for $880, reduced to $650
- mid 2012, received letter from NCS asking for $650, reduced to $475

I have used many of the suggestions found in the forums including requesting additional information from Getty (and getting nowhere) as well as making a nominal offer of $225 in the unlikely event the claim goes to trial.

Everything was progressing as I expected, until recently when again I was contacted by NCS saying they have accepted my offer of $225.  I was prepared for them to never accept my offer and had strategies in place in the unlikely event this did go to trial, but now it makes me wonder if they are now just trying to get something, anything, especially when they know they will have a difficult time otherwise getting paid.

BTW, a big thank you to Mattew and the rest of the ELI team for all the helpful information.  These forums have made an enormous difference in dealing with this issue.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2012, 02:11:59 AM by accepted »

Robert Krausankas (BuddhaPi)

• ELI Defense Team Member
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • ExtortionLetterInfo
Re: Getty has accepted my offer
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2012, 06:24:32 AM »
You're probably correct in your assumption, they'll take anything at this point as opposed to nothing. this basically says that getty will really accept as little as 112.50, as collection agency's generally take half.. ( I think )..

If it were me they would not have gotten a dime without providing proof of ownership, and I certainly would have send NCS packing. But if you are satisfied that is all that really matters.. Glad it worked out to your liking.
Most questions have already been addressed in the forums, get yourself educated before making decisions.

Any advice is strictly that, and anything I may state is based on my opinions, and observations.
Robert Krausankas

I have a few friends around here..

accepted

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2012, 10:20:21 AM »
I asked for proof as well as other information which I never got answers for (of course).  I made the offer as insurance in the unlikely event this went to trial and expected that they would never accept my offer as I havent seen that happen.  Even though it is more than what I think would be fair compensation, it is a lot more reasonable than what they ask for initially, but I did make the offer and I feel like I should honor that.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2012, 10:35:48 AM by accepted »

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • ExtortionLetterInfo
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2012, 10:39:10 AM »
agreed, you should honor..this may help others in the future, when making an offer, stipulate within the offer that proof of ownership and a valid registration must be supplied..any whoozle glad it's behind you know, feel free to remain a part of the ELI family, you never know whats coming next!
Most questions have already been addressed in the forums, get yourself educated before making decisions.

Any advice is strictly that, and anything I may state is based on my opinions, and observations.
Robert Krausankas

accepted

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2012, 11:08:55 AM »
agreed, you should honor..this may help others in the future, when making an offer, stipulate within the offer that proof of ownership and a valid registration must be supplied..any whoozle glad it's behind you know, feel free to remain a part of the ELI family, you never know whats coming next!

That's a great point about attaching conditions to our offer for anyone in the future.  I also wanted people to know that Getty does also, as it appears, accept offers lower that what has been typically posted.

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • ExtortionLetterInfo
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2012, 11:19:20 AM »

That's a great point about attaching conditions to our offer for anyone in the future.  I also wanted people to know that Getty does also, as it appears, accept offers lower that what has been typically posted.

desperate times call for desperate measures...

Look at it this way, Getty sends out x number of letters...xx amount just cave and pay, xx amount completely ignore..xx amount negotiate down...something is always better than nothing..i still prefer giving them nothing or at the very least making them "work & earn" anything..

Robert Krausankas

Mulligan

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2012, 04:37:08 PM »
this may help others in the future, when making an offer, stipulate within the offer that proof of ownership and a valid registration must be supplied...

Such a good point that I'm repeating it for future readers to include in their letters to Getty and the disgusting copyright troll and collection agent Timothy B. McCormack of Seattle Washington.

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • ExtortionLetterInfo
« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2012, 05:02:54 PM »
this may help others in the future, when making an offer, stipulate within the offer that proof of ownership and a valid registration must be supplied...

Such a good point that I'm repeating it for future readers to include in their letters to Getty and the disgusting copyright troll and collection agent Timothy B. McCormack of Seattle Washington.

Mulligan you're slipping you forgot to mention the Copyright cow Timothy B McCormacks paralegal leech Ashanti A Taylor.

Robert Krausankas

Greg Troy (KeepFighting)

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Yeah, We Do That.
« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2012, 05:42:52 PM »
I agree with Robert that you should honor your statement and settle since they accepted your offer. I also agree that the clause should be added to all settlement offers requiring proof. I included such a clause in my letter where I offered to settle in anyone is free to use it as is or reword it to their liking.

Whether you choose to accept my offer or not I do require that you provide all of the documentation requested providing proof of copyright, contract and sales history. No monies will be paid without full and complete documentation

I am glad that you were able to settle and have been able to put this behind you and hope that you will stick around and participate in the forms.
Every situation is unique, any advice or opinions I offer are given for your consideration only. You must decide what is best for you and your particular situation. I am not a lawyer and do not offer legal advice.

--Greg Troy

Official ELI Help Options
Get Help With Your Extortion Letter | ELI Phone Support Call | ELI Defense Letter Program
Show your support of the ELI website & ELI Forums through a PayPal Contribution. Thank you for supporting the ongoing fight and reporting of Extortion Settlement Demand Letters.