Click Official ELI Links
Get Help With Your Extortion Letter | ELI Phone Support | ELI Legal Representation Program
Show your support of the ELI website & ELI Forums through a PayPal Contribution. Thank you for supporting the ongoing fight and reporting of Extortion Settlement Demand Letters.

Author Topic: Getty Images employee says "middle management should be thrown in traffic"  (Read 5628 times)

SoylentGreen

• View Profile
Getty Images employee says "middle management should be thrown in traffic"

http://www.glassdoor.com/Reviews/Employee-Review-Getty-Images-RVW2269698.htm

"Pros – decent pay, super casual dress environment

Cons – middle management is useless, doesn't really grasp what their staff do, non-technical mgmt in charge of technical departments, ultra-silo'd, cranky vp with a napoleon complex. Not solutions-oriented.

Advice to Senior Management – Find a different field to work in. You don't understand what your employees do, therefore you do not have the capacity to properly evaluate what they do."

S.G.

Robert Krausankas (BuddhaPi)

• ELI Defense Team Member
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • ExtortionLetterInfo
Getty Images employee says "middle management should be thrown in traffic"

http://www.glassdoor.com/Reviews/Employee-Review-Getty-Images-RVW2269698.htm

"Pros – decent pay, super casual dress environment

Cons – middle management is useless, doesn't really grasp what their staff do, non-technical mgmt in charge of technical departments, ultra-silo'd, cranky vp with a napoleon complex. Not solutions-oriented.

Advice to Senior Management – Find a different field to work in. You don't understand what your employees do, therefore you do not have the capacity to properly evaluate what they do."

S.G.

Thanx for sharing this, what a wonderful find..now we can post more mis-information which comes right from the mouths of those drinking the Getty swill...

"snarky, two faced middle management and a mickey mouse club mentality...super political Chicago office with an unhappy sales team and little loyalty to go around...Abusive managers and very poor decision making."

"You do not get rewarded for your efforts and rarely get a thank you. You work a lot. Managers have very poor judgement on the people they hire. They are more concerned finding bodies to fill jobs then finding the right person to do the job."

"Getty is simply a company in a tailspin that isn't making any material efforts to save themselves. They like to talk roadmaps and handout little books on management de jour, but when it comes time to get accountable, everybody disappears. if it wasn't for the acquisition of istockphoto and allowing that business to run unmolested, Getty would have packed it up awhile ago.

advise to any potential acquirers - PASS or gut that management from Director Level up."
Most questions have already been addressed in the forums, get yourself educated before making decisions.

Any advice is strictly that, and anything I may state is based on my opinions, and observations.
Robert Krausankas

I have a few friends around here..

Greg Troy (KeepFighting)

• ELI Defense Team Member
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Yeah, We Do That.
Great finds guys,  will have to sit down and read all of these when I get home tonight.
Every situation is unique, any advice or opinions I offer are given for your consideration only. You must decide what is best for you and your particular situation. I am not a lawyer and do not offer legal advice.

--Greg Troy

SoylentGreen

• View Profile
Thanks for the kinds words!!

Did you notice that both "Culture and Values" and "Senior Management" get only one star out of five?

This is really something to watch... I always wondered about these companies.

S.G.

Mulligan

• View Profile
Great find, S.G.

Note the salaries paid at Getty Images at http://www.glassdoor.com/Salary/Getty-Images-Salaries-E7793.htm

SoylentGreen

• View Profile
Good find about the salaries, too.  Looks about "average" to me.
Don't become a hands-on media person, or an account manager.
Because you'll starve. lol.

Here's another site with Getty employee feedback.
It seems that those higher up on the corporate ladder seem more satisfied that anyone else.
There's some great little gems on there too:

http://www.careerbliss.com/company-reviews/getty-images-reviews-133001/

"As stated in other reviews, the company is run by neurotic bullies. That’s because management is promoted within the company causing inept, inadequate, unprofessional middle management, to be promoted to more powerful positions while not learning how to manage people. There is one manager there who has absolutely no clue how to manage people except by fear! She said so many illegal things to me I could have gone to HR and the EEOC!"

S.G.

« Last Edit: January 16, 2013, 02:36:25 PM by SoylentGreen »

Oscar Michelen

• ELI Legal Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Courtroom Strategy
Love it!

Official ELI Help Options
Get Help With Your Extortion Letter | ELI Phone Support Call | ELI Defense Letter Program
Show your support of the ELI website & ELI Forums through a PayPal Contribution. Thank you for supporting the ongoing fight and reporting of Extortion Settlement Demand Letters.