Click Official ELI Links
Get Help With Your Extortion Letter | ELI Phone Support | ELI Legal Representation Program
Show your support of the ELI website & ELI Forums through a PayPal Contribution. Thank you for supporting the ongoing fight and reporting of Extortion Settlement Demand Letters.

Author Topic: Getty Images find itself in court....again  (Read 4672 times)

Robert Krausankas (BuddhaPi)

• ELI Defense Team Member
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • ExtortionLetterInfo
Getty Images find itself in court....again
« on: August 23, 2013, 03:54:45 PM »
At some point Getty Images, Jonathan Klien, Lisa Willmer and that asswipe Timothy B McCormack are really going to start suffering from all of these black eyes getty is getting... Once again a photographer has filed suit for copyright infringement.. I wonder what Getty's defense will be?? Maybe, "we never sold it", "someone told us it was free to use", "our web designer put it on our site".. I hope they loose their asses bunch of trolls the whole lot of them!

http://www.scribd.com/doc/162571086/Ken-Knight-v-Getty-Images
Most questions have already been addressed in the forums, get yourself educated before making decisions.

Any advice is strictly that, and anything I may state is based on my opinions, and observations.
Robert Krausankas

I have a few friends around here..

Greg Troy (KeepFighting)

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Yeah, We Do That.
Re: Getty Images find itself in court....again
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2013, 07:27:29 PM »
This is typical Getty and it seems like they are getting sued about once a quarter for copyright infringement. We should tag this for future reference #Gettyflubs.
Every situation is unique, any advice or opinions I offer are given for your consideration only. You must decide what is best for you and your particular situation. I am not a lawyer and do not offer legal advice.

--Greg Troy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • ExtortionLetterInfo
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2013, 08:43:02 PM »
Well crap...just to set the record straight, this is an old case from 2005, I somehow overlooked this...I guess this now becomes a #buddhapiflub!
Most questions have already been addressed in the forums, get yourself educated before making decisions.

Any advice is strictly that, and anything I may state is based on my opinions, and observations.
Robert Krausankas

Greg Troy (KeepFighting)

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Yeah, We Do That.
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2013, 08:59:07 AM »
And here's the main difference, when we screw up we admit it right away and leave it to show we are honest, human and want the facts straight even if it is correcting an error on our part.  We also don't delete any posts from people who don't agree with us and welcome discussion, I point to DavidvGolliath as an example. Now if you come here and are rude you get responded to in kind but posts are not deleted.

We are open and transparent unlike Getty, McCormick, MF and others who protest when extortion demand letters, public documents and their business model are shared, will not allow professionally phrased comments/discussion that disagree with them on their blogs and websites and some like to make outlandish and nonfactual statements on their blogs/website leaving them up there long enough for their followers to see it then take them down again an hour or two later (apparently they have never heard of screen shots).  ;)

So I remove your #buddhapiflub tag and replace it with #elihonest and #elifactual tag.
Every situation is unique, any advice or opinions I offer are given for your consideration only. You must decide what is best for you and your particular situation. I am not a lawyer and do not offer legal advice.

--Greg Troy

Oscar Michelen

• ELI Legal Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Courtroom Strategy
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2013, 10:00:06 PM »
Living in the past again BuddhaPi?

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • ExtortionLetterInfo
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2013, 06:38:24 AM »
Living in the past again BuddhaPi?

hahhaa, needless to say every once in a while a have some good flashbacks..like 5 consecutive nights at MSG in the 80's...  ;)

Robert Krausankas

Mulligan

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2013, 10:46:43 AM »
More likely too much MSG on the take out egg rolls and chop suey!

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • ExtortionLetterInfo
« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2013, 11:44:41 AM »
More likely too much MSG on the take out egg rolls and chop suey!

nah, MSG as in the spice isn't the problem, it's the LSD on the eggrolls that was the problem!!

Robert Krausankas

Official ELI Help Options
Get Help With Your Extortion Letter | ELI Phone Support Call | ELI Defense Letter Program
Show your support of the ELI website & ELI Forums through a PayPal Contribution. Thank you for supporting the ongoing fight and reporting of Extortion Settlement Demand Letters.