Click Official ELI Links
Get Help With Your Extortion Letter | ELI Phone Support | ELI Legal Representation Program
Show your support of the ELI website & ELI Forums through a PayPal Contribution. Thank you for supporting the ongoing fight and reporting of Extortion Settlement Demand Letters.

Author Topic: StockPhotoSecrets.com 99Club  (Read 5004 times)

Matthew Chan

• ELI Founder, "Admin-on-Hiatus"
  • Administrator
  • 1st Amendment & Section 230 CDA Advocate
    • View Profile
    • Defiantly
StockPhotoSecrets.com 99Club
« on: October 02, 2015, 03:52:02 PM »
This stock photo website was referred to me by a client. She intrigued me when she stated the terms of membership was $99/year for 200 images.

http://shop.stockphotosecrets.com/index.cfm?id=99club

Because she is a Getty letter victim, she is understandably going out of her way to NOT support any Getty-related businesses, if possible.

I have taken a peek and tried to do some light vetting of the website. However, I really can't tell if this website is "legitimate" or not. I question the legitimacy because $99/year is almost too cheap even if it is limited to 200 photos.  If it was limited to 100 photos, it would still be cheap to me.

So, go check it out and give feedback. I am not endorsing this website. I am simply passing along a lead.  I know very little about this website and how it works. She isn't using the website and can't vouch on who actually owns this website.

She seems to like http://fotolia.com though.
I'm a non-lawyer but not legally ignorant either. Under the 1st Amendment, I have the right to post facts & opinions using rhetorical hyperbole, colloquialisms, metaphors, parody, snark, or epithets. Under Section 230 of CDA, I'm only responsible for posts I write, not what others write.

Jerry Witt (mcfilms)

• View Profile
    • Motion City
Re: StockPhotoSecrets.com 99Club
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2015, 11:04:09 PM »
It's hard to tell WHO they are. The domain is registered to Idenio GmbH. They don't seem to be associated with any current image trolling companies. But they are located in Germany. Are they able to grant you the rights to use the images worldwide? I don't know.

On the other hand, fotolia.com is registered to Adobe Systems Incorporated, a US company. This is probably part of their stock photo acquisition. They are trying to tie image acquisition and management of rights with their creative cloud service.
Although I may be a super-genius, I am not a lawyer. So take my scribblings for what they are worth and get a real lawyer for real legal advice. But if you want media and design advice, please visit Motion City at http://motioncity.com.

Official ELI Help Options
Get Help With Your Extortion Letter | ELI Phone Support Call | ELI Defense Letter Program
Show your support of the ELI website & ELI Forums through a PayPal Contribution. Thank you for supporting the ongoing fight and reporting of Extortion Settlement Demand Letters.