Click Official ELI Links
Get Help With Your Extortion Letter | ELI Phone Support | ELI Legal Representation Program
Show your support of the ELI website & ELI Forums through a PayPal Contribution. Thank you for supporting the ongoing fight and reporting of Extortion Settlement Demand Letters.

Author Topic: Getty Images Letter Received 2nd letter  (Read 5084 times)

Zero_Tolerance

• View Profile
Getty Images Letter Received 2nd letter
« on: February 14, 2013, 12:16:56 PM »
Hey Guys i just started to do some research because i received two letter from getty images and my case is i am a business major and in one of my classes we had to make a "webiste business" and show it in class and talk about what "OUR" company. so i made a company and did all the website stuff and got a template and i took an image from google and used it . It was only about 3 months long semester and i am guessing that  with in those 3 months getty images got my imformation and I  dont know what to do now. I have removed the website and deleted the url i not longer have it and they are still pursuing me .

Robert Krausankas (BuddhaPi)

• ELI Defense Team Member
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • ExtortionLetterInfo
Re: Getty Images Letter Received 2nd letter
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2013, 12:27:32 PM »
respond to them by bringing their boses video to their attention , and tell them to get lost..

http://www.extortionletterinfo.com/forum/getty-images-letter-forum/jonathan-klein-chief-executive-hypocrite-bullshitter-of-getty-images/

particularly the last video...
Most questions have already been addressed in the forums, get yourself educated before making decisions.

Any advice is strictly that, and anything I may state is based on my opinions, and observations.
Robert Krausankas

I have a few friends around here..

Zero_Tolerance

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2013, 12:35:38 PM »
Yea i could email them that but i dont think it would get rid of the problem. So should i ignore them its only one image that they are claiming, and its for the amount of $1152 or somthing like that. I just dont know casue i used it only for Educational purposes and not commercial.

Robert Krausankas (BuddhaPi)

• ELI Defense Team Member
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • ExtortionLetterInfo
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2013, 12:52:53 PM »
don't email them....make them put some effort in...US postal mail only ( unless you're not in the states)if you want it to "go away" consider Oscars' letter program, and chances are good it will go away..or you can simply pay them the total amount...there is no "magic answer"...All of your answers are in this forum..do more research before jumping into something..
Most questions have already been addressed in the forums, get yourself educated before making decisions.

Any advice is strictly that, and anything I may state is based on my opinions, and observations.
Robert Krausankas

I have a few friends around here..

stinger

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2013, 02:31:35 PM »
Besides not emailing them, here are a few other things to keep in mind:
  • Do Not admit to anything.  They are on a phishing expedition.  Just because they show you a copy of your page and start making accusations doesn't mean that you are guilty.  Anything you admit in your letters, can be used against you later.
  • Remember that the burden of proof is on them.  Let them know that you know this and demand that they prove their case to you.  There are plenty of examples of how on this forum.
  • They are business people.  They tend to look elsewhere when they get the idea that they have more to lose by chasing you, than they have to gain.  Figure out how to make that clear to them

Jerry Witt (mcfilms)

• View Profile
    • Motion City
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2013, 11:36:14 AM »
You know, one of the things I did in my case is I told McCormack that I would begin tracking my time. I told them that if they continued to pursue this matter I would be forced to consult with my friend who is a high-priced attorney. I also told them I would be seeking remuneration for these expenses dealing with this issue and it was very important that they pass this information along to their client.

It wasn't long after that I got a call from McCormack's office telling me that Getty woul, "no longer be pursuing this issue."
Although I may be a super-genius, I am not a lawyer. So take my scribblings for what they are worth and get a real lawyer for real legal advice. But if you want media and design advice, please visit Motion City at http://motioncity.com.

Oscar Michelen

• ELI Legal Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Courtroom Strategy
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2013, 01:28:46 AM »
Get educated on the issue by reading the posts and looking at the videos on the site. If you are still uncomfortable and nervous or you just want it to go away, use our letter defense program. 

Official ELI Help Options
Get Help With Your Extortion Letter | ELI Phone Support Call | ELI Defense Letter Program
Show your support of the ELI website & ELI Forums through a PayPal Contribution. Thank you for supporting the ongoing fight and reporting of Extortion Settlement Demand Letters.