Click Official ELI Links
Get Help With Your Extortion Letter | ELI Phone Support | ELI Legal Representation Program
Show your support of the ELI website & ELI Forums through a PayPal Contribution. Thank you for supporting the ongoing fight and reporting of Extortion Settlement Demand Letters.

Author Topic: getty letter  (Read 3603 times)

abducens

getty letter
« on: August 08, 2010, 07:19:41 PM »
I got a demand for  $450 for an image that must have been on my site months ago, not there but I deleted all photos just in case.

If I send them a letter am I making it worse / more difficult for Attorney OM , should I decide at a later date to secure his assistance. If I use OM and he works with them can they still send me for collections?

They seem like a racketeering outfit, I would love to just keep writing asking hundreds of stupid questions their $15 per hour staff can respond to.Dont want to waste the time though, would rather pay 150 and hopefully put it behind me.

Oscar Michelen

• ELI Legal Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Courtroom Strategy
Re: getty letter
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2010, 08:56:07 AM »
How you proceed is up to you abducens.  The main difference between you writing them and me writing them is that if I write them they cannot contact you directly again, they must go through me.  It stops the barrage of emails and letters you will receive if you respond to them directly.  However, if they are demanding $450 for a single image, if you take the $150 you would pay me and add another $50-$100 to it, they might settle for that.  Its your call.  If you wold like to retain me to send a letter, then send me an email at  xxx
« Last Edit: February 29, 2012, 11:41:51 PM by Matthew Chan »

Official ELI Help Options
Get Help With Your Extortion Letter | ELI Phone Support Call | ELI Defense Letter Program
Show your support of the ELI website & ELI Forums through a PayPal Contribution. Thank you for supporting the ongoing fight and reporting of Extortion Settlement Demand Letters.