Click Official ELI Links
Get Help With Your Extortion Letter | ELI Phone Support | ELI Legal Representation Program
Show your support of the ELI website & ELI Forums through a PayPal Contribution. Thank you for supporting the ongoing fight and reporting of Extortion Settlement Demand Letters.

Author Topic: graphicstock.com  (Read 5080 times)

scraggy

• View Profile
graphicstock.com
« on: May 21, 2014, 08:45:20 AM »
graphicstock.com is advertizing on Facebook - "7 Days of FREE Downloads - Start Today!"
Click the ad, and you reach this page:

https://www.graphicstock.com/freeimages/?utm_source=FBGSLinkFeedEUASIAInterestsWeb3ConvFT&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=FBGSLinkFeedEUASIAInterestsWeb3ConvFT

7 DAYS OF FREE DOWNLOADS
Create an Account and Start Downloading

- and what happens after 7 days ????
Seems extremely suspicious to me!

Greg Troy (KeepFighting)

• ELI Defense Team Member
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Yeah, We Do That.
Re: graphicstock.com
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2014, 09:01:41 AM »
Agreed, I guess it would all depend on what kind of receipt you got with the download.  I view this the same way as I do Getty's offer to embed images for free and would not 10 it with a 10ft pole. Who owns GraphicStock?  I also wonder what the contributors think about their stuff given away for free.

I buy all of my images from Pond5, they are a good company with very reasonable prices.

Thanks Getty Images and McCormack IP Law for making everyone so suspicious of stock photo companies that we can't even trust a probably legitimate offer from a company trying to earn some new business. 
Every situation is unique, any advice or opinions I offer are given for your consideration only. You must decide what is best for you and your particular situation. I am not a lawyer and do not offer legal advice.

--Greg Troy

JLorimer

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2014, 11:27:16 AM »
The site looks a lot like VideoBlocks, which I have used.  They offer the same 7 day free trial gimmick.  I can't say much for how they operate from a copyright standpoint, but the 7 day free trial requires you to enter your credit card information.  If you forget to cancel after the trial period, the billing begins.

Robert Krausankas (BuddhaPi)

• ELI Defense Team Member
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • ExtortionLetterInfo
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2014, 12:13:41 PM »
most importantly, besides the credit card bit is this:

http://www.graphicstock.com/agreement.html

haven't read the whole thing, but they take no responsibility for "content" uploaded by users..no surprise there..NOTHING  is EVER....FREE
Most questions have already been addressed in the forums, get yourself educated before making decisions.

Any advice is strictly that, and anything I may state is based on my opinions, and observations.
Robert Krausankas

I have a few friends around here..

scraggy

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2014, 11:58:02 PM »
I am shocked!
One day later - and the deal is gone!
Today , they have a new deal.

Looking for Design Inspiration?
Find It Here -> http://www.graphicstock.com/x/FK98E

83% Off 1 Yr of Unlimited Downloads Just $99 (Reg $588)
250,000+ Royalty-Free Graphics, Vectors & Images!

Official ELI Help Options
Get Help With Your Extortion Letter | ELI Phone Support Call | ELI Defense Letter Program
Show your support of the ELI website & ELI Forums through a PayPal Contribution. Thank you for supporting the ongoing fight and reporting of Extortion Settlement Demand Letters.