Click Official ELI Links
Get Help With Your Extortion Letter | ELI Phone Support | ELI Legal Representation Program
Show your support of the ELI website & ELI Forums through a PayPal Contribution. Thank you for supporting the ongoing fight and reporting of Extortion Settlement Demand Letters.

Author Topic: Has any "photographer" ever posted on ELI that was NOT a lying troll?  (Read 7621 times)

SoylentGreen

• View Profile
Has any stock "photographer" ever posted on ELI that was NOT a lying troll?

Just curious.

S.G.

Oscar Michelen

• ELI Legal Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Courtroom Strategy
Has any digital image site ever proven the ELI WAS a lying troll?

jbigfoot

• View Profile
I'm a photographer.

Some of my images are on stock sites so I guess I qualify as a 'stock photographer'.

I don't lie.

I'm not here to troll.

I just posted a question on another thread a few minutes ago.

brianjclark

• View Profile
A photographer that isn't on the fringe and is honest. See they do exist lol.

Anyway I've just found a great little addon for Firefox called TinEye, there is also a site at www.tineye.com and basically it lets you check an image to see where else it appears on the internet. That way you can see if an image you picked up really is part of someones collection or really is PD/CCommons etc.

Well at least you have a better idea of its status this way. The firefox extention lets you hover over a picture and check it.

I just stuck a typical file in and it popped back with.

"Searched over 2.9892 billion images in 0.008 seconds." and the results. So thats one tool against getting sued/copyright theft. Because really we are looking to avoid both!

Robert Krausankas (BuddhaPi)

• ELI Defense Team Member
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • ExtortionLetterInfo
tineye has been around for a few years, good tool but certainly not fool proof, google reverse image search is also a good tool.
Most questions have already been addressed in the forums, get yourself educated before making decisions.

Any advice is strictly that, and anything I may state is based on my opinions, and observations.
Robert Krausankas

I have a few friends around here..

brianjclark

• View Profile
Hmm I have just read some blogs that say TinEye has been known to report back its findings to PicScout. Wonder if they are using one and the same image back end to do the comparison!?

I don't suppose there are too many places you would want to store the results of 2.9 billion image comparisons! lol . Must be huge!

Jerry Witt (mcfilms)

• View Profile
    • Motion City
By the way... to the subject of this thread... I would just like to mention that I have seen some of Robert K's nature photography and I would definitely consider him a professional photographer. His stuff is better than some of the images I've seen on Getty. AND, as far as I know, he is NOT a lying troll.
Although I may be a super-genius, I am not a lawyer. So take my scribblings for what they are worth and get a real lawyer for real legal advice. But if you want media and design advice, please visit Motion City at http://motioncity.com.

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • ExtortionLetterInfo
By the way... to the subject of this thread... I would just like to mention that I have seen some of Robert K's nature photography and I would definitely consider him a professional photographer. His stuff is better than some of the images I've seen on Getty. AND, as far as I know, he is NOT a lying troll.

Thanks Jerry, use one of my images and see what happens!  ;D
Most questions have already been addressed in the forums, get yourself educated before making decisions.

Any advice is strictly that, and anything I may state is based on my opinions, and observations.
Robert Krausankas

Jerry Witt (mcfilms)

• View Profile
    • Motion City
HaHa... Here comes the bill for $40,000!
Although I may be a super-genius, I am not a lawyer. So take my scribblings for what they are worth and get a real lawyer for real legal advice. But if you want media and design advice, please visit Motion City at http://motioncity.com.

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • ExtortionLetterInfo
HaHa... Here comes the bill for $40,000!

nah,  a back link would probably be sufficient!

Robert Krausankas

SoylentGreen

• View Profile
Re: Has any "photographer" ever posted on ELI that was NOT a lying troll?
« Reply #10 on: July 05, 2013, 11:08:39 AM »

I said "stock photographer".  I'm not aware that Buddhapi was selling his works?
...and yes, his works are indeed very good!!

S.G.

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • ExtortionLetterInfo
Re: Has any "photographer" ever posted on ELI that was NOT a lying troll?
« Reply #11 on: July 05, 2013, 01:32:45 PM »

I said "stock photographer".  I'm not aware that Buddhapi was selling his works?
...and yes, his works are indeed very good!!

S.G.

I could shoot pencils and clouds and sell them, but I need to make a living, and I prefer doing it the honest way..

Robert Krausankas

Official ELI Help Options
Get Help With Your Extortion Letter | ELI Phone Support Call | ELI Defense Letter Program
Show your support of the ELI website & ELI Forums through a PayPal Contribution. Thank you for supporting the ongoing fight and reporting of Extortion Settlement Demand Letters.