Click Official ELI Links
Get Help With Your Extortion Letter | ELI Phone Support | ELI Legal Representation Program
Show your support of the ELI website & ELI Forums through a PayPal Contribution. Thank you for supporting the ongoing fight and reporting of Extortion Settlement Demand Letters.

Author Topic: Have Getty Images and McCormack Intellectual Property Law PS Crossed the Line?  (Read 3266 times)

Greg Troy (KeepFighting)

• ELI Defense Team Member
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Yeah, We Do That.
Getty Images and McCormack Law's practice of demanding payment while refusing to honor request for proof of claim has long been an issue with myself and the ELI community.  I found a complaint that may show Getty has crossed the line. 

A web developer offered Getty FULL payment to make the claim go away and leave his client alone.  Getty refused to accept full payment because the web developer ask Getty to provide proof that Getty had the legal right to collect on behalf of the artist.  Getty told the web developer who offered FULL payment he needs to talk to a copyright attorney and they were now going after the client.

Read the full story here: http://goo.gl/Muhl91
Every situation is unique, any advice or opinions I offer are given for your consideration only. You must decide what is best for you and your particular situation. I am not a lawyer and do not offer legal advice.

--Greg Troy

Matthew Chan

• ELI Founder, "Admin-on-Hiatus"
  • Administrator
  • 1st Amendment & Section 230 CDA Advocate
    • View Profile
    • Defiantly
Stock photo copyright extortionists always say to consult a qualified copyright attorney as long as his name is NOT Oscar Michelen.  That is part of the small print of their advice on that.  LOL.
I'm a non-lawyer but not legally ignorant either. Under the 1st Amendment, I have the right to post facts & opinions using rhetorical hyperbole, colloquialisms, metaphors, parody, snark, or epithets. Under Section 230 of CDA, I'm only responsible for posts I write, not what others write.

Official ELI Help Options
Get Help With Your Extortion Letter | ELI Phone Support Call | ELI Defense Letter Program
Show your support of the ELI website & ELI Forums through a PayPal Contribution. Thank you for supporting the ongoing fight and reporting of Extortion Settlement Demand Letters.