Click Official ELI Links
Get Help With Your Extortion Letter | ELI Phone Support | ELI Legal Representation Program
Show your support of the ELI website & ELI Forums through a PayPal Contribution. Thank you for supporting the ongoing fight and reporting of Extortion Settlement Demand Letters.

Author Topic: Is the copyright law constitutional?  (Read 2459 times)

Bekka

• View Profile
Is the copyright law constitutional?
« on: May 01, 2012, 12:59:39 PM »
I wonder how the SCOTUS would rule on the part of the law that says only the "end user" is accountable?  Does this not open up several questions?  For instance, your ability to enter into contract with a business without worrying they are performing illegal acts which you will be held liable for.  If this continues to hold up in court, then what about other services or employees you hire that do illegal acts without your knowledge?  Are we to be held liable for their acts as well?  The very basis of society is based on free trade and free enterprise, which this law limits severely. The potential fallout and references to other situations are waiting to explode down the road if this stands.  I really think that this "end user" part of the copyright law is questionable and should be brought before the courts in order to determine just who is liable and who isn't, when you as a customer, are paying for work contracted through a "supposedly" legitimate business.

Just thinking out loud.....

Robert Krausankas (BuddhaPi)

• ELI Defense Team Member
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • ExtortionLetterInfo
Re: Is the copyright law constitutional?
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2012, 01:02:47 PM »
Thanks for sharing these thoughts, maybe we'll get lucky and Oscar will p[op in and address this..
Most questions have already been addressed in the forums, get yourself educated before making decisions.

Any advice is strictly that, and anything I may state is based on my opinions, and observations.
Robert Krausankas

I have a few friends around here..

Official ELI Help Options
Get Help With Your Extortion Letter | ELI Phone Support Call | ELI Defense Letter Program
Show your support of the ELI website & ELI Forums through a PayPal Contribution. Thank you for supporting the ongoing fight and reporting of Extortion Settlement Demand Letters.