Click Official ELI Links
Get Help With Your Extortion Letter | ELI Phone Support | ELI Legal Representation Program
Show your support of the ELI website & ELI Forums through a PayPal Contribution. Thank you for supporting the ongoing fight and reporting of Extortion Settlement Demand Letters.

Author Topic: Jonathan Klein Steps Down as Getty CEO  (Read 5444 times)

Greg Troy (KeepFighting)

• ELI Defense Team Member
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Yeah, We Do That.
Jonathan Klein Steps Down as Getty CEO
« on: March 14, 2015, 11:24:41 PM »
Today Getty Images chairman and CEO Jonathan Klein announced he was stepping down as CEO as soon as a successor can be found.

http://gettyimagesmustchange.com/site/getty-images-ceo-jonathan-klein-announces-he-is-stepping-down/
Every situation is unique, any advice or opinions I offer are given for your consideration only. You must decide what is best for you and your particular situation. I am not a lawyer and do not offer legal advice.

--Greg Troy

Matthew Chan

• ELI Founder, "Admin-on-Hiatus"
  • Administrator
  • 1st Amendment & Section 230 CDA Advocate
    • View Profile
    • Defiantly
I'm a non-lawyer but not legally ignorant either. Under the 1st Amendment, I have the right to post facts & opinions using rhetorical hyperbole, colloquialisms, metaphors, parody, snark, or epithets. Under Section 230 of CDA, I'm only responsible for posts I write, not what others write.

Matthew Chan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Defiantly
Re: Jonathan Klein Steps Down as Getty CEO
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2015, 12:13:58 AM »
I find it ironic that Getty Images is trying to sell to the very "midstock" market they have pissed off by the hundreds over the years.

The Seattle Times writes:

But it has been trailing in the burgeoning “midstock” market, meaning less expensive stock photography that’s often used on the web, where challengers such as Shutterstock and Fotolia have taken increasing market share, analysts said.

Give the business to the Getty competitors Shutterstock and Fotolia, I say!  Shutterstock and Fotolia never tried to sue their potential customers!

Well, as far as I am concerned, the Seattle Times has done the ELI Community a favor and just given free advertisement to Shutterstock and Fotolia. 

Essentially, don't buy from any Getty Images affiliate.  Let Getty Images burn all their cash, go bankrupt, and go down in flames I say. And all those in the Copyright Compliance department can be thrown to the streets for being stupid enough to work for Getty Images.

I commend the prior ex-Copyright Compliance employees for leaving when they did. Chloe S. (the person I dealt with in 2008) was smart enough to leave years ago and not deal with the Getty Images shit.

They need to do themselves a favor and get out of that shit-hole business before they tarnish their professional reputation and career further.  Interestingly, I have not heard any rumblings from Scott Wilsdon in a long time. I wonder if he is still prostituting himself to Getty Images shitty and hated reputation. If he has left Getty, then he obviously got smart very quickly.

Anyone who tries to stay with Getty Images is likely to have their professional reputations tarnished because of all the hate they have generated in the last 10 years.

I am so looking forward to future news releases!  The ELI Readership can rejoice in watching Getty Images financially flame out and watch employee heads roll.
I'm a non-lawyer but not legally ignorant either. Under the 1st Amendment, I have the right to post facts & opinions using rhetorical hyperbole, colloquialisms, metaphors, parody, snark, or epithets. Under Section 230 of CDA, I'm only responsible for posts I write, not what others write.

stinger

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2015, 09:45:49 AM »
 This news may explain Timmy McCormack's behavior the last few years.

Jerry Witt (mcfilms)

• View Profile
    • Motion City
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2015, 04:08:01 PM »
I am on record years ago for saying "suing your potential customers is not a sustainable business model." Burning through a third of Getty's cash in a year seems to enforce that prediction. I try not to partake in Schadenfreude http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Schadenfreude. But in Getty's case, I am overjoyed to make an exception.
Although I may be a super-genius, I am not a lawyer. So take my scribblings for what they are worth and get a real lawyer for real legal advice. But if you want media and design advice, please visit Motion City at http://motioncity.com.

Greg Troy (KeepFighting)

• ELI Defense Team Member
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Yeah, We Do That.
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2015, 04:32:24 PM »
Jerry,

It was worse than that, they burned through that cash in the last quarter!

I am on record years ago for saying "suing your potential customers is not a sustainable business model." Burning through a third of Getty's cash in a year seems to enforce that prediction. I try not to partake in Schadenfreude http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Schadenfreude. But in Getty's case, I am overjoyed to make an exception.
Every situation is unique, any advice or opinions I offer are given for your consideration only. You must decide what is best for you and your particular situation. I am not a lawyer and do not offer legal advice.

--Greg Troy

Matthew Chan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Defiantly
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2015, 07:33:05 PM »
I love this! I learned a new word! Schadenfreude

I think it is safe to say that most people would not engage in Schadenfreude.  But where Getty Images and their ilk are concerned, MANY people are making that exception.

Official ELI Help Options
Get Help With Your Extortion Letter | ELI Phone Support Call | ELI Defense Letter Program
Show your support of the ELI website & ELI Forums through a PayPal Contribution. Thank you for supporting the ongoing fight and reporting of Extortion Settlement Demand Letters.