Click Official ELI Links
Get Help With Your Extortion Letter | ELI Phone Support | ELI Legal Representation Program
Show your support of the ELI website & ELI Forums through a PayPal Contribution. Thank you for supporting the ongoing fight and reporting of Extortion Settlement Demand Letters.

Author Topic: Just received my third letter from Getty  (Read 3731 times)

Aleksandor51

• View Profile
Just received my third letter from Getty
« on: July 17, 2013, 06:39:50 PM »
They may go broke on postage at this rate.  It's almost a repeat of the second letter, wherein they escalate the threat to going to their legal department.  I'll forward it to web.com as advised by NetObjects.  I haven't heard back from Web.com after I sent them a copy of the last Getty letter, so I'll press them a bit for information.

dlsmooth

• View Profile
Re: Just received my third letter from Getty
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2013, 01:27:00 PM »
I just received a second letter and it is also the same exact letter. I'm concerned it's going to affect my client's credit report. Will this "outstanding claim" be a government/state debt on any reports?

Robert Krausankas (BuddhaPi)

• ELI Defense Team Member
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • ExtortionLetterInfo
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2013, 05:19:11 PM »
I just received a second letter and it is also the same exact letter. I'm concerned it's going to affect my client's credit report. Will this "outstanding claim" be a government/state debt on any reports?

no need to worry about anyones credit...this is a "claim" not a debt, plain and simple..If they send it to NCO Recovery, simply tell them that it's a claim and not a debt, and they should cease and desist, lest you report them..collection agency's have strict rules to abide by..they will toss it back at Getty.
Most questions have already been addressed in the forums, get yourself educated before making decisions.

Any advice is strictly that, and anything I may state is based on my opinions, and observations.
Robert Krausankas

I have a few friends around here..

Oscar Michelen

• ELI Legal Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Courtroom Strategy
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2013, 01:07:21 PM »
This issue has been discussed at length on this forum - no harm to a credit report or rating can come from a "claim" which is what this is.

Official ELI Help Options
Get Help With Your Extortion Letter | ELI Phone Support Call | ELI Defense Letter Program
Show your support of the ELI website & ELI Forums through a PayPal Contribution. Thank you for supporting the ongoing fight and reporting of Extortion Settlement Demand Letters.