Click Official ELI Links
Get Help With Your Extortion Letter | ELI Phone Support | ELI Legal Representation Program
Show your support of the ELI website & ELI Forums through a PayPal Contribution. Thank you for supporting the ongoing fight and reporting of Extortion Settlement Demand Letters.

Author Topic: Lucia's Statute of Limitations Reached  (Read 5906 times)

lucia

• View Profile
Lucia's Statute of Limitations Reached
« on: December 03, 2014, 03:51:37 PM »
It's a bit late, but I wanted to let people know the statute of limitations for the infringement alleged in my 2011 Getty Image letter has passed.  No action on their part which was not too surprising since I hotlinked and hotlinking is not infringement. But still... it's a milestone. I'm in the "SOL" club!

stinger

• View Profile
Re: Lucia's Statute of Limitations Reached
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2014, 04:05:24 PM »
Congratulations Lucia!

Although I regret the heartache and worry and hours you spent on that Getty letter, I can say that I am certain that letter made ELI stronger by bringing you here.

Your efforts here are greatly appreciated by many!

Robert Krausankas (BuddhaPi)

• ELI Defense Team Member
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • ExtortionLetterInfo
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2014, 04:34:15 PM »
congrats and welcome to the club, I also belong to the club...out wait I'm in the SOOL club.. : )

we are certainly glad you stopped by hear on ELI and stuck it out with us, your insight, legal commentary and allaround will to take on the good fight is certainly appreciated by all.
Most questions have already been addressed in the forums, get yourself educated before making decisions.

Any advice is strictly that, and anything I may state is based on my opinions, and observations.
Robert Krausankas

I have a few friends around here..

bernicem77

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2014, 10:55:33 PM »
It's such a great feeling.
Congrats.
Welcome to the club.

JLorimer

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2014, 11:05:21 PM »
Congratulations! I've appreciated all the help and discussion you provided me in my time here. It's great to see you reach this milestone.

fighting_masterfile

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2014, 01:37:17 AM »
Congrats!  It is a good feeling when you hit that point. But don't give up helping and fighting for changes so others do not need to go through this

Greg Troy (KeepFighting)

• ELI Defense Team Member
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Yeah, We Do That.
« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2014, 06:42:22 PM »
Congratulations Lucia!
Every situation is unique, any advice or opinions I offer are given for your consideration only. You must decide what is best for you and your particular situation. I am not a lawyer and do not offer legal advice.

--Greg Troy

Jerry Witt (mcfilms)

• View Profile
    • Motion City
« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2014, 12:45:05 AM »
Awesome Lucia!
Congrats!
Although I may be a super-genius, I am not a lawyer. So take my scribblings for what they are worth and get a real lawyer for real legal advice. But if you want media and design advice, please visit Motion City at http://motioncity.com.

Matthew Chan

• ELI Founder, "Admin-on-Hiatus"
  • Administrator
  • 1st Amendment & Section 230 CDA Advocate
    • View Profile
    • Defiantly
« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2014, 12:43:47 AM »
It's hard to believe she has "only" been here for over 3-years now. It feels like Lucia has been around ELI forever!  :-)

Not to take anything away from Lucia, but to the people who know her specific case, I think we can agree she had little to worry about given the hot-link nature of her case. It was obviously an annoyance and an unhappy cloud over her head (as with us all including me!).

Although I started ELI in 2008, I still found the cloud of uncertainty during my 3-years quite annoying and unhappy.  So it is easy to relate to everyone's sentiments.
I'm a non-lawyer but not legally ignorant either. Under the 1st Amendment, I have the right to post facts & opinions using rhetorical hyperbole, colloquialisms, metaphors, parody, snark, or epithets. Under Section 230 of CDA, I'm only responsible for posts I write, not what others write.

Official ELI Help Options
Get Help With Your Extortion Letter | ELI Phone Support Call | ELI Defense Letter Program
Show your support of the ELI website & ELI Forums through a PayPal Contribution. Thank you for supporting the ongoing fight and reporting of Extortion Settlement Demand Letters.