Click Official ELI Links
Get Help With Your Extortion Letter | ELI Phone Support | ELI Legal Representation Program
Show your support of the ELI website & ELI Forums through a PayPal Contribution. Thank you for supporting the ongoing fight and reporting of Extortion Settlement Demand Letters.

Author Topic: Masterfile - Case done  (Read 3498 times)

fighting_masterfile

• View Profile
Masterfile - Case done
« on: November 09, 2014, 09:29:04 PM »
November 2011 I received a letter from Masterfile about 3 images on a website I had control of.  My first reaction was fear as I received this from FedEx Express with a bill for over $9,000.  I took all images down right away and started to do some research.  What I found very quickly was the ELI site and the great resource and information here.  I never called them but after receiving several notices from them and some collection agents I went to a copyright attorney who sent a letter to them asking for proof of rights to collect.  They sent several letters back by way of e-mail but I felt strongly that we would do nothing till they would send a letter by way of the US Postal System which they never did.   Masterfile and Geoffrey Beal are only out to grab money from the weak who give in to the demands of this EXTORTION.  I have learned a lot over these 3 years and would act different with what I know now.  It is now over as we have hit the 3 year term with Masterfail.

For all of the people sitting on pins and needle there is light at the end of the tunnel.  Please do not roll over to any company that will not supply proof of rights of ownership. 

Greg Troy (KeepFighting)

• ELI Defense Team Member
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Yeah, We Do That.
Re: Masterfile - Case done
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2014, 10:37:10 PM »
Well said and congratulations of the end of your SOL!  I hope you will continue to stick around, join the fight and share your experiences with others.  Again, congratulations!
Every situation is unique, any advice or opinions I offer are given for your consideration only. You must decide what is best for you and your particular situation. I am not a lawyer and do not offer legal advice.

--Greg Troy

fighting_masterfile

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2014, 10:49:02 PM »
I plan to stick around.  now that my 3 years are over it is time to start the fight to change the laws!  I will be looking to start sharing the information I have learned over 3 years.  I believe firmly in the rights of the copyright holder but not in the rights of these companies that do not provide proof they have the rights.  Masterfail is one of these companies and they hid behind threatening letters and using collection "agents" to hound people. 

Please do not give in to these companies.  Ask for the proof or do not pay their fees.

Oscar Michelen

• ELI Legal Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Courtroom Strategy
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2014, 10:05:41 PM »
bravo

Official ELI Help Options
Get Help With Your Extortion Letter | ELI Phone Support Call | ELI Defense Letter Program
Show your support of the ELI website & ELI Forums through a PayPal Contribution. Thank you for supporting the ongoing fight and reporting of Extortion Settlement Demand Letters.