Click Official ELI Links
Get Help With Your Extortion Letter | ELI Phone Support | ELI Legal Representation Program
Show your support of the ELI website & ELI Forums through a PayPal Contribution. Thank you for supporting the ongoing fight and reporting of Extortion Settlement Demand Letters.

Author Topic: Masterfile Letter  (Read 13291 times)

fighting_masterfile

• View Profile
Re: Masterfile Letter
« Reply #15 on: June 29, 2012, 11:26:59 AM »
As far as the Credit Collection - NO they can not place it against your credit report as it is ONLY a CLAIM.  I wrote them back and told them it is a claim and to stop contact with me.  They need to send it back to Masterfile. 

Bekka

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 29, 2012, 01:00:46 PM »
Masterfile is like a wasp that can sting you, whereas Getty is like one of those harmless flies that looks like a wasp from a distance.

Wonderful analogy!

SoylentGreen

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 29, 2012, 02:28:57 PM »
Thanks Bekka!!  Nice to see you on here!!  Here's a field guide:

http://img854.imageshack.us/img854/4238/waspfly.jpg

S.G.

myspashop

Re: Masterfile Letter - Michael Hilsheimer
« Reply #18 on: July 05, 2012, 09:22:56 AM »
Michael Hilsheimer is the latest extortionist from Masterfile as Copyright Compliance Letter. I received my notice for one image that I have no knowledge of it's origin, their fee is $6,800! Let me know if any updates on dealing with these issues.

Robert Krausankas (BuddhaPi)

• ELI Defense Team Member
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • ExtortionLetterInfo
Re: Masterfile Letter - Michael Hilsheimer
« Reply #19 on: July 14, 2012, 12:43:01 PM »
you might want to read over the chaga international case, it was a HUGE loss for Masterfile..

http://www.extortionletterinfo.com/forum/getty-images-letter-forum/masterfile's-copyright-registration-method-held-invalid-by-california-court/

Michael Hilsheimer is the latest extortionist from Masterfile as Copyright Compliance Letter. I received my notice for one image that I have no knowledge of it's origin, their fee is $6,800! Let me know if any updates on dealing with these issues.
Most questions have already been addressed in the forums, get yourself educated before making decisions.

Any advice is strictly that, and anything I may state is based on my opinions, and observations.
Robert Krausankas

I have a few friends around here..

artalacarte

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 17, 2013, 06:03:53 PM »
I received a letter from MF a few days ago telling me that I have been using one of their copyrighted photos on my website. They included their own picture and mine. Sure it was! I have a small pet business, whineranddiner.com and I needed a picture of a cat lying down to incorporate into my own picture. So I Googled "cat lying down" and found a picture with no copyright information or watermark and saved it to my photo librairy to use it and I did (I still have the picture in question).
So I immediately took the picture in question down and called MF (Michael Hilsheimer). From the $1940.00 asked in the letter he went down to $900.00 after a 10 minute conversation. I told him that I have not had this picture up on my website for a year (which they claim). I had gone back to Google, Bing and Chrome to find the picture without their watermark I have downloaded and by some weird coincidence it's nowhere to be found again. When I mentionned this to Mr. Hilsheimer he just changed the subject and offered to put me on a payment plan...I told him I did not have $900.00 right and I will get back to him.
What should I do at this point just wait it out? I do not want to pay them because I strongly believe that they seed their pictures to be downloaded, wait a few months so they are removed from image searches and go after small businesses picture - users and contact them about infringement.
Why can I not find that picture with no watermark again anywhere online and why did he drop the fee by half so easily and so fast???
Since this, I spent hours removing and replacing pictures from my website (I have over 100 pages) that could have been questionnable as I "found" them the same way as I found that cat...And I don't even like cats...
Thank you in advance for any advice.

Greg Troy (KeepFighting)

• ELI Defense Team Member
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Yeah, We Do That.
« Reply #21 on: February 17, 2013, 09:19:21 PM »
I answered this in your other thread. Please do us a favor and do not cross post as we will see it no matter where it is. Thanks!
Every situation is unique, any advice or opinions I offer are given for your consideration only. You must decide what is best for you and your particular situation. I am not a lawyer and do not offer legal advice.

--Greg Troy

Oscar Michelen

• ELI Legal Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Courtroom Strategy
« Reply #22 on: February 19, 2013, 01:26:38 AM »
Also, take the time to read all the vast info on the site

Official ELI Help Options
Get Help With Your Extortion Letter | ELI Phone Support Call | ELI Defense Letter Program
Show your support of the ELI website & ELI Forums through a PayPal Contribution. Thank you for supporting the ongoing fight and reporting of Extortion Settlement Demand Letters.