Click Official ELI Links
Get Help With Your Extortion Letter | ELI Phone Support | ELI Legal Representation Program
Show your support of the ELI website & ELI Forums through a PayPal Contribution. Thank you for supporting the ongoing fight and reporting of Extortion Settlement Demand Letters.

Author Topic: Masterfile Letter: Is this a Scam?  (Read 26216 times)

Robert Krausankas (BuddhaPi)

• ELI Defense Team Member
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • ExtortionLetterInfo
Re: Masterfile Letter: Is this a Scam?
« Reply #30 on: October 02, 2013, 09:06:08 PM »
You also need to step back and understand that when they say,
Should we release this matter back to Masterfile, I assure you, they will no longer be willing to settle for an amount anywhere close to what they are prepared to accept at this time
, it sounds very threatening and scary to you.

What it really means is, "If you won't pay us, we are powerless to make you pay us, and we are going to give this back to Masterfile as uncollectable."  It doesn't mean that Masterfile is going to do anything.  At best, they might try to give it to another bill collector, but the odds of their filing suit over an amount this small . . . you should be able to figure it out.

While I mostly agree with this, one other thing that should be considered, is that history tells us MF does file suit more often, and they also seem to have better registrations in place.. Truth is , if the OP doesn't have the stomach or will to continue with the back and forth, it might be best to simply hire Oscar and let him handle it.
Most questions have already been addressed in the forums, get yourself educated before making decisions.

Any advice is strictly that, and anything I may state is based on my opinions, and observations.
Robert Krausankas

I have a few friends around here..

Greg Troy (KeepFighting)

• ELI Defense Team Member
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Yeah, We Do That.
Re: Masterfile Letter: Is this a Scam?
« Reply #31 on: October 03, 2013, 08:12:01 AM »
Good point Robert, this is the key.  You have to be willing to deal with them if you want to fight it yourself.  For me I knew I wanted to fight but everyone must decide what is best for them.

While I mostly agree with this, one other thing that should be considered, is that history tells us MF does file suit more often, and they also seem to have better registrations in place.. Truth is , if the OP doesn't have the stomach or will to continue with the back and forth, it might be best to simply hire Oscar and let him handle it.
Every situation is unique, any advice or opinions I offer are given for your consideration only. You must decide what is best for you and your particular situation. I am not a lawyer and do not offer legal advice.

--Greg Troy

Official ELI Help Options
Get Help With Your Extortion Letter | ELI Phone Support Call | ELI Defense Letter Program
Show your support of the ELI website & ELI Forums through a PayPal Contribution. Thank you for supporting the ongoing fight and reporting of Extortion Settlement Demand Letters.