Click Official ELI Links
Get Help With Your Extortion Letter | ELI Phone Support | ELI Legal Representation Program
Show your support of the ELI website & ELI Forums through a PayPal Contribution. Thank you for supporting the ongoing fight and reporting of Extortion Settlement Demand Letters.

Author Topic: Relax..Chapter 7, a get out of settlement free card  (Read 4121 times)

zazen

• View Profile
Relax..Chapter 7, a get out of settlement free card
« on: August 27, 2015, 09:38:11 PM »
In the unlikely event you get sued, an incur some outrageous judgement, even in the hundreds of thousands, it can all be readily discharged via Chapter 7 in most states, so I've been reassured by several bankruptcy attorneys.  Nice to have that ace in the hole if things ever got out of hand. So even if they win big, they can still wind up losing...

zazen

• View Profile
Re: Relax..Chapter 7, a get out of settlement free card
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2015, 09:53:37 PM »
errr....I meant get out of judgement free card...

NotATarget

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2015, 06:12:33 PM »
IANAL, but your income level could play a role in determining Chapter 7 or 13, the latter of which I read has become more popular (not by debtors) and would result in a court ordered payment plan. Wouldn't that be jolly? IMO, it also misses the point of the exercise, that what is essentially a shakedown scheme is occurring...

Robert Krausankas (BuddhaPi)

• ELI Defense Team Member
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • ExtortionLetterInfo
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2015, 07:26:38 AM »
if the company has little to no assets it would be smarter to simply dissolve the company as opposed to chapre 13..imho
Most questions have already been addressed in the forums, get yourself educated before making decisions.

Any advice is strictly that, and anything I may state is based on my opinions, and observations.
Robert Krausankas

I have a few friends around here..

Matthew Chan

• ELI Founder, "Admin-on-Hiatus"
  • Administrator
  • 1st Amendment & Section 230 CDA Advocate
    • View Profile
    • Defiantly
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2015, 06:59:12 PM »
To follow on to Robert's comment, we are talking about an administrative dissolution of a corporation.  Simply stop paying the state and they will dissolve your corporation within 1-2 years and it becomes a non-entity.

Bankruptcies will only help if you had a bunch of other debts you needed to discharge.  It would be crazy to pay and file bankruptcy over a small infringement claim.

A person who is determined to NOT pay a judgment can do a lot. This is why there aren't more lawsuits by copyright extortionists.  Judgments can be very difficult to collect from many people.

They prefer to get money "cooperatively".  Scaring the crap out of someone to pay is considered a "cooperative" endeavor because the victim willingly pays regardless of the underlying motivation.
I'm a non-lawyer but not legally ignorant either. Under the 1st Amendment, I have the right to post facts & opinions using rhetorical hyperbole, colloquialisms, metaphors, parody, snark, or epithets. Under Section 230 of CDA, I'm only responsible for posts I write, not what others write.

Official ELI Help Options
Get Help With Your Extortion Letter | ELI Phone Support Call | ELI Defense Letter Program
Show your support of the ELI website & ELI Forums through a PayPal Contribution. Thank you for supporting the ongoing fight and reporting of Extortion Settlement Demand Letters.