Click Official ELI Links
Get Help With Your Extortion Letter | ELI Phone Support | ELI Legal Representation Program
Show your support of the ELI website & ELI Forums through a PayPal Contribution. Thank you for supporting the ongoing fight and reporting of Extortion Settlement Demand Letters.

Author Topic: Thank You Mr Chan...  (Read 3405 times)

zazen

• View Profile
Thank You Mr Chan...
« on: October 15, 2014, 11:58:32 PM »
Gotta give credit where credit's due. The phone consult I got w/you a few days ago was far more useful and insightful than my PrePaid Legal Service and another paid consult I had with a local IP Attorney for a "discounted" $250.00. While cognizant there are absolutely no guarantees as to how my situation will play out, I feel you gave me an incredibly reality based perspective as to where I actually stand and what effective counter measures I can take in dealing with these parasitical organisms.  The fact you spent close to an hour discussing my situation, when I had technically paid for half that speaks volumes. I sense I am much better prepared no matter which route I go, be it ignore, use Oscar, negotiate or even get judged against.
Just sayin...

Matthew Chan

• ELI Founder, "Admin-on-Hiatus"
  • Administrator
  • 1st Amendment & Section 230 CDA Advocate
    • View Profile
    • Defiantly
Re: Thank You Mr Chan...
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2014, 02:14:13 AM »
Glad you joined the ELI Forums. I think you can see why I recommend it as a follow-up to the call.  Plenty of smart, seasoned people on this forum.

I always believe there are options people can choose from. Everyone gets to choose the ones best suited to their personal situations and personality.

I have spoken and encountered way too many people who came from the "PeePiss" Legal services camp. It only reinforces what I constantly say, lots of dumb lawyers especially those under 35 (which is what you likely dealt with). I've had my fill of having to educate young lawyers while having the privilege of paying them and telling them how to do their jobs!
I'm a non-lawyer but not legally ignorant either. Under the 1st Amendment, I have the right to post facts & opinions using rhetorical hyperbole, colloquialisms, metaphors, parody, snark, or epithets. Under Section 230 of CDA, I'm only responsible for posts I write, not what others write.

Oscar Michelen

• ELI Legal Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Courtroom Strategy
Re: Thank You Mr Chan...
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2014, 10:10:27 PM »
Welcome aboard!

Official ELI Help Options
Get Help With Your Extortion Letter | ELI Phone Support Call | ELI Defense Letter Program
Show your support of the ELI website & ELI Forums through a PayPal Contribution. Thank you for supporting the ongoing fight and reporting of Extortion Settlement Demand Letters.