Click Official ELI Links
Get Help With Your Extortion Letter | ELI Phone Support | ELI Legal Representation Program
Show your support of the ELI website & ELI Forums through a PayPal Contribution. Thank you for supporting the ongoing fight and reporting of Extortion Settlement Demand Letters.

Author Topic: My customer received the famous Getty Letter  (Read 3379 times)

security54

My customer received the famous Getty Letter
« on: December 18, 2008, 08:04:55 PM »
I hired a webdesigner to create a website for a customer of mine and this company  used 3 pictures that Getty claims to be theirs. I called Doug from getty and told him that we removed the images from the site and that we were not aware of the copywrite issue. They didnt care and told me that i still have to pay 1000 for each image. I laughed at the guy and told him the pictures are not worth that much. He said that he will talk to his team and see if he can lower the price and he would email the the price. He did email me a lower amount of 1800 but i still am not paying that. This is extortion and something needs to be done about this. I didnt do this on purpose and i did remove the pics. I can see if i didnt remove the pics then come after me. I also have been reading on how they find your pics. and to me that considered hacking. Microsoft could do the same thing and find people whom are using pirated software and sue them but they dont. I want to know if i can counter sue them for hacking.
i have tried to contact the web company and their number is no longer valid.  Getty gave me 2 weeks to pay them. what do you think i should do.

Oscar Michelen

• ELI Legal Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Courtroom Strategy
Re: My customer received the famous Getty Letter
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2008, 10:51:33 AM »
Dear security:

Take a moment to read the summary of the issue I posted a little while ago.. It should give you a basic understanding of the issues and give you some framework of how you can proceed.

Official ELI Help Options
Get Help With Your Extortion Letter | ELI Phone Support Call | ELI Defense Letter Program
Show your support of the ELI website & ELI Forums through a PayPal Contribution. Thank you for supporting the ongoing fight and reporting of Extortion Settlement Demand Letters.