Click Official ELI Links
Get Help With Your Extortion Letter | ELI Phone Support | ELI Legal Representation Program
Show your support of the ELI website & ELI Forums through a PayPal Contribution. Thank you for supporting the ongoing fight and reporting of Extortion Settlement Demand Letters.

Author Topic: Photoattorney.com Lawyer Earl Richardson sends demand letter on behalf of Corbis  (Read 4746 times)

Robert Krausankas (BuddhaPi)

• ELI Defense Team Member
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • ExtortionLetterInfo
Well we now have a letter from each and every attorney associated with Carolyn Wrights' office ( photoattorney.com), this letter signed by Earl Richardson, is demanding 3250.00 for 1 image on behalf of Corbis Corporation. This letter also accuses the recipient of removing copyright management information, and also of claiming copyright because of the standard copyright notice you see on most sites.

Once again they ask the recipient to provide an accounting of all uses of the photograph.

http://www.scribd.com/doc/105839160

Look for most posts regarding Attorney Earl Richardson, as it looks as if it's his turn for some FREE PR
Most questions have already been addressed in the forums, get yourself educated before making decisions.

Any advice is strictly that, and anything I may state is based on my opinions, and observations.
Robert Krausankas

I have a few friends around here..

Greg Troy (KeepFighting)

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Yeah, We Do That.
It always burns me in these letters how they accuse you of manipulating the images to remove copyright information, watermarks or other identifying marks. While in almost every single case a simple search for the image will reveal it on free sites in multiple places. Hopefully people will start filing bar complaints for the language and tone of these letters much as they did to good old Timmy that made him change his ways and produce his new kinder gentler letter.
Every situation is unique, any advice or opinions I offer are given for your consideration only. You must decide what is best for you and your particular situation. I am not a lawyer and do not offer legal advice.

--Greg Troy

Robert Krausankas (BuddhaPi)

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • ExtortionLetterInfo
Copyright troll Earl Richardson Information
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2012, 04:11:17 PM »
Copyright Troll Earl Richardson from the office of photoattorney.com Carolyn Wright

also owns: Earl Richardson Photography - http://www.earlrichardson.com/ ( too bad he's a Canon user...)

"More than 25 years as a photojournalist and commercial photographer. I've also been an attorney for the last 2 years. <---- a seasoned veteran!

Specialties
People photography on location, and location lighting. I work fast, do good work, and do it in a timely fashion and within your budget." <---- no mention of anything law related...speaks volumes!!

member of : DOUGLAS COUNTY BAR ASSOCIATION
Most questions have already been addressed in the forums, get yourself educated before making decisions.

Any advice is strictly that, and anything I may state is based on my opinions, and observations.
Robert Krausankas

I have a few friends around here..

Moe Hacken

• We have not yet begun to hack
    • View Profile
It always burns me in these letters how they accuse you of manipulating the images to remove copyright information, watermarks or other identifying marks. While in almost every single case a simple search for the image will reveal it on free sites in multiple places. Hopefully people will start filing bar complaints for the language and tone of these letters much as they did to good old Timmy that made him change his ways and produce his new kinder gentler letter.

Greg, you're absolutely right. This is the most annoying part of the rote bluff because THEY CAN'T PROVE IT. They must know this unless they're totally deluded. They just throw that in because it sounds really scary that you could be nailed for a Federal crime, fined huge amounts of money, and thrown in jail.

Of course they fail to mention that the onus is on them to prove beyond reasonable doubt that the infringement was intentional. Proving intent in court is difficult and expensive and probably requires a more experienced IP lawyer than E.R.
I'd rather die on my feet than live on my knees

Greg Troy (KeepFighting)

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Yeah, We Do That.
The people that receive these letters need to file complaints with the bar assn if they are from a lawyer for the way this is worded, that and pressure from ELI is what finally got Timmy to cool his jets with his letters.

Greg, you're absolutely right. This is the most annoying part of the rote bluff because THEY CAN'T PROVE IT. They must know this unless they're totally deluded. They just throw that in because it sounds really scary that you could be nailed for a Federal crime, fined huge amounts of money, and thrown in jail.

Of course they fail to mention that the onus is on them to prove beyond reasonable doubt that the infringement was intentional. Proving intent in court is difficult and expensive and probably requires a more experienced IP lawyer than E.R.
Every situation is unique, any advice or opinions I offer are given for your consideration only. You must decide what is best for you and your particular situation. I am not a lawyer and do not offer legal advice.

--Greg Troy

Official ELI Help Options
Get Help With Your Extortion Letter | ELI Phone Support Call | ELI Defense Letter Program
Show your support of the ELI website & ELI Forums through a PayPal Contribution. Thank you for supporting the ongoing fight and reporting of Extortion Settlement Demand Letters.