Click Official ELI Links
Get Help With Your Extortion Letter | ELI Phone Support | ELI Legal Representation Program
Show your support of the ELI website & ELI Forums through a PayPal Contribution. Thank you for supporting the ongoing fight and reporting of Extortion Settlement Demand Letters.

Author Topic: GODADDY Shut Down By Anonymous  (Read 6515 times)

Bekka

• View Profile
GODADDY Shut Down By Anonymous
« on: September 10, 2012, 03:55:19 PM »
Thought I would share the news with you guys about Godaddy!  It appears they have been hacked!  No sites hosted by them are up, and email accounts are dead in the water.

Bekka

Robert Krausankas (BuddhaPi)

• ELI Defense Team Member
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • ExtortionLetterInfo
Re: GODADDY Shut Down By Anonymous
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2012, 04:21:29 PM »
hehe I could use more clients!

Thought I would share the news with you guys about Godaddy!  It appears they have been hacked!  No sites hosted by them are up, and email accounts are dead in the water.

Bekka
Most questions have already been addressed in the forums, get yourself educated before making decisions.

Any advice is strictly that, and anything I may state is based on my opinions, and observations.
Robert Krausankas

I have a few friends around here..

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • ExtortionLetterInfo
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2012, 01:27:21 PM »
I guess go-daddy doen't like the fact the i'm moving 200+ domains registered with them to a new registar, i've been contemplating this move for a while..

Dear Robert Krausankas,

We owe you a big apology for the intermittent service outages we experienced on September 10 that may have impacted your website, your email and other Go Daddy services.

We let you down and we know it. We take our responsibilities — and the trust you place in us — very seriously. I cannot express how sorry I am to those of you who were inconvenienced.

The service outage was due to a series of internal network events that corrupted router data tables. Once the issues were identified, we took corrective actions to restore services for our customers and GoDaddy.com. We have implemented a series of immediate measures to fix the problem.

At no time was any sensitive customer information, including credit card data, passwords or names and addresses, compromised.

Throughout our history, we have provided 99.999% uptime in our DNS infrastructure. This is the level of performance we expect from ourselves. Monday, we fell short of these expectations. We have learned from this event and will use it to drive improvement in our services.

It's an honor to serve you. As always, please call us 24/7 at 480-505-8877 — anytime, for any reason.

ummm no thanks I won't be "calling" unless you jack me around while I do all of these transfers..
Most questions have already been addressed in the forums, get yourself educated before making decisions.

Any advice is strictly that, and anything I may state is based on my opinions, and observations.
Robert Krausankas

Mulligan

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2012, 01:43:40 PM »
Which company are you moving your domains to, Robert, if I may be so bold to ask? No problem if you don't care to answer this. I'm just being nosy!

SoylentGreen

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2012, 05:26:58 PM »

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • ExtortionLetterInfo
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2012, 05:41:30 PM »
I'm moving them into my enom account, which I've had or years, don't even know why or how I got intot he go-daddy thing.

Which company are you moving your domains to, Robert, if I may be so bold to ask? No problem if you don't care to answer this. I'm just being nosy!

Robert Krausankas

Moe Hacken

• We have not yet begun to hack
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2012, 06:51:44 PM »
Apparently, the outage wasn't because of a "hack":

http://news.cnet.com/8301-1009_3-57510432-83/go-daddy-sorry-about-the-outage-and-no-it-wasnt-a-hack/

S.G.

It's very comforting to hear that the total meltdown was purely the result of GoDaddy's technical incompetence and not the technical competence of an anonymous hacker.

They gave one of my clients a free month of hosting for an afternoon of outage time. That's not a terrible deal for a low-traffic website. I actually do have some respect for the gesture because that's putting their money where their mouth is. However, a month of GoDaddy hosting is less than 10 bucks. I guess it amounts to something if they offer it to millions of people, but some individual businesses could have lost thousands of dollars in an 8-hour outage during business hours.

Have any of you been offered this deal, or heard of the offer from someone? They sent my client an email with a credit they could apply to their account online.

I bet Matt moves this thread to another forum — I'm surprised it survived this many bumps!
I'd rather die on my feet than live on my knees

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • ExtortionLetterInfo
« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2012, 07:59:12 PM »
I don't do any hosting with them, just registrations, but they did offer my a 25% discount on my next order...of which there will be none..what really got me thinking about the move was the video of Parsons shooting the elephant..and not with a camera..

Robert Krausankas

Official ELI Help Options
Get Help With Your Extortion Letter | ELI Phone Support Call | ELI Defense Letter Program
Show your support of the ELI website & ELI Forums through a PayPal Contribution. Thank you for supporting the ongoing fight and reporting of Extortion Settlement Demand Letters.