Click Official ELI Links
Get Help With Your Extortion Letter | ELI Phone Support | ELI Legal Representation Program
Show your support of the ELI website & ELI Forums through a PayPal Contribution. Thank you for supporting the ongoing fight and reporting of Extortion Settlement Demand Letters.

Author Topic: NCS Recovery using the name NCS IP Solutions?  (Read 16310 times)

gabon

• View Profile
NCS Recovery using the name NCS IP Solutions?
« on: January 29, 2012, 02:22:38 AM »
 NCS Recovery conducting business now under a new name NCS IP Solutions?
are they being sued? do they have a new contract with getty?

« Last Edit: January 29, 2012, 01:21:08 PM by gabon »

Matthew Chan

• ELI Founder, "Admin-on-Hiatus"
  • Administrator
  • 1st Amendment & Section 230 CDA Advocate
    • View Profile
    • Defiantly
Re: NCS Recovery using the name NCS IP Solutions?
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2012, 03:12:50 AM »
This is news to us. Where are you seeing this used?

The company exists but it is newly formed.

http://www.florida-annual-report.com/ncs-ip-solutions-llc.html

I am guessing that IP stands for "intellectual property". Maybe they are "gett"ing into the Getty extortion business.
I'm a non-lawyer but not legally ignorant either. Under the 1st Amendment, I have the right to post facts & opinions using rhetorical hyperbole, colloquialisms, metaphors, parody, snark, or epithets. Under Section 230 of CDA, I'm only responsible for posts I write, not what others write.

Robert Krausankas (BuddhaPi)

• ELI Defense Team Member
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • ExtortionLetterInfo
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2012, 07:54:48 AM »
Intreresting, perhaps I'll give them a call this week and inquire about their services...

Heres are the Articles of organization / Incorporation for NCS IP

http://www.sunbiz.org/pdf/10582101.pdf

the records show NCS was initially incorporated in NJ back in 2003

2003 UBR - http://www.sunbiz.org/pdf//6574117.pdf

Same address different officers and same lawfirm prepared the documents for the state.

2011 Annual Report - http://www.sunbiz.org/pdf/99127632.pdf
Most questions have already been addressed in the forums, get yourself educated before making decisions.

Any advice is strictly that, and anything I may state is based on my opinions, and observations.
Robert Krausankas

I have a few friends around here..

SoylentGreen

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2012, 11:20:36 AM »
They should have bought the Righthaven domain.

S.G.

Bekka

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2012, 01:19:50 PM »
I received a letter from them on behalf of Masterfile after they turned down my very generous offer to settle.  I assume they are a collection agency, so I told them I would not pay them and only deal with Masterfile.  So the ball is back in their court for a while.

Bekka

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2012, 01:22:21 PM »

SoylentGreen

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2012, 02:10:10 PM »
Actually this NCS thing IS like Righthaven.
They'll threaten you in order to get money (like Righthaven).
But, they can't sue you and "win" because they don't own the intellectual property in the dispute (like Righthaven).
They aren't a "law firm" so they cannot act as an attorney on behalf of a client (like Righthaven).
Without a court win, they cannot do anything punitive such as affect your credit rating.

BTW, interesting link from Bekka.  I've heard many stories about the wrong people being sent to collections.
Usually it's because of a mistake over names or addresses.  When something like that happens, it's best to legal representation immediately.

S.G.

« Last Edit: January 29, 2012, 11:14:37 PM by SoylentGreen »

Oscar Michelen

• ELI Legal Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Courtroom Strategy
« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2012, 07:38:15 PM »
Yes this entity has been up and running for a about a year now. All that 's changed is the name.  But please remember that they cannot "put you into collection" or damage your credit report over this.  That would violate the Fair debt Collection Practices Act as this is just a claim and not  a debt.

useitguru

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2012, 02:18:10 PM »
I have recently got an email from them, the content was manually edited in few places, means they are using this template and editing only few places. I am not sure if they are faking with the content but I gave them an offer to settle. Can anybody confirm if they are not a fake or genuine company and what steps to be taken?

They have emailed me regarding an image (Royality Free) from Masterfile and wanted to settle down with a one thousand dollar.

Need your suggestions.

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • ExtortionLetterInfo
« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2012, 02:40:19 PM »
@useit, I hope you do realize this is a "claim" and not a debt, you could very easily have them go away..read the thread on fair collection practices on this forum, by law they have to send it back to masterfile..By settling with the collection agency, you're really only succeeding in feeding 2 trolls, as opposed to 1! just my 2 cents worth..
Most questions have already been addressed in the forums, get yourself educated before making decisions.

Any advice is strictly that, and anything I may state is based on my opinions, and observations.
Robert Krausankas

SoylentGreen

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2012, 03:44:57 PM »
If you were to "settle", keep in mind that 1000 dollars is an insane amount of money for a "royalty free" image.

S.G.

useitguru

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 14, 2012, 10:42:01 AM »
@buddhapi and SoylentGreen, thanks for your feedback, I replied them that I can handle this and not to worry about it, and will settle with Masterfile directly. Do i really have to call them is their a way they are going to file suit against me? I am little worried about this, this is my personal website and planning to get ride of it. Means my website is on sale and will not update any content at this moment. Will this still haunt me? I hahve also removed my contact info will they still follow me? Hope you guys got a picture by now  that I don't want to get into any trouble. please help.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2012, 10:44:01 AM by useitguru »

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • ExtortionLetterInfo
« Reply #12 on: March 14, 2012, 10:52:45 AM »
You will have to notify NCS in writing as laid out in the thread I mentioned above. Once you dispute this, NCS can longer contact you..whoever Masterfile will continue to send letters and you will most likely get a letter from their "legal dept", again threatening to sue you. MF has filed lawsuits, but rarely over 1 image. There is no magic answer, you will need to decide who to best handle the situation, with the given options..Keep reading and get more education as you will be better armed.

Robert Krausankas

Peeved

« Reply #13 on: March 14, 2012, 03:54:00 PM »
Here are a couple of links which should be helpful to you as well...........

Dealing with Collections ~ as mentioned by buddhapi above:

http://www.extortionletterinfo.com/forum/getty-images-letter-forum/fair-debt-collection-practices-act-(eli-highlights)/msg3550/#msg3550

Masterfile example case from dieselfish:

http://www.extortionletterinfo.com/forum/getty-images-letter-forum/a-masterfile-demand-letter-story/

Wishing you good luck with your case.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2012, 01:28:02 PM by Peeved »

srunkel

« Reply #14 on: April 04, 2012, 05:01:56 PM »
But doesn't the FDCPA only apply to consumers, and specifically NOT to businesses? If that is the case, a lot of what is posted here and in the FDCPA thread linked above has little or no bearing on those of us who do everything through our business entities.

Official ELI Help Options
Get Help With Your Extortion Letter | ELI Phone Support Call | ELI Defense Letter Program
Show your support of the ELI website & ELI Forums through a PayPal Contribution. Thank you for supporting the ongoing fight and reporting of Extortion Settlement Demand Letters.