Click Official ELI Links
Get Help With Your Extortion Letter | ELI Phone Support | ELI Legal Representation Program
Show your support of the ELI website & ELI Forums through a PayPal Contribution. Thank you for supporting the ongoing fight and reporting of Extortion Settlement Demand Letters.

Author Topic: STOCK FOOD IMAGES - IMUA LEGAL - SEATTLE  (Read 8388 times)

redsM1

STOCK FOOD IMAGES - IMUA LEGAL - SEATTLE
« on: May 10, 2011, 05:12:02 PM »
Has anyone received a letter from IMUA LEGAL ADVISORS in Seattle? We did on behalf of STOCK FOOD IMAGES damanding $7,000...

Matthew Chan

• ELI Founder, "Admin-on-Hiatus"
  • Administrator
  • 1st Amendment & Section 230 CDA Advocate
    • View Profile
    • Defiantly
Re: STOCK FOOD IMAGES - IMUA LEGAL - SEATTLE
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2011, 07:29:55 PM »
I have not heard of them before but I did a Google search on them.

http://imualaw.com/about/

I would very much like to see a copy of their letter. If you don't mind doing so, you can fax it to 888-696-3441.

Matthew Chan
I'm a non-lawyer but not legally ignorant either. Under the 1st Amendment, I have the right to post facts & opinions using rhetorical hyperbole, colloquialisms, metaphors, parody, snark, or epithets. Under Section 230 of CDA, I'm only responsible for posts I write, not what others write.

dk1116

« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2011, 05:27:54 PM »
We just received a similar letter telling us to pay $24,900 for two images supposedly owned by Corbis Images.  They also sent us a copy of a letter they supposedly sent earlier in June wanting us to provide information as to who created the site and who hosts the site....looking at the letters they included copies of the Corbis picture and the one from the website....they aren't even the same pics...model is the same, but background is different...I went to Corbis Images and went through over 400 pictures - found the one that they sent, but not the one that is on the website (which by the way we did not create nor do we own - was created and owned by an affliate)....

We're thinking this is a scam - our response is to file it in the trash can - our thought process is that they need to address this with the person that owns the website...

BCooper

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2011, 01:16:13 AM »
We received a letter from Imua today. Any updates from reds or dk?

Their letter is regarding 2 images on a site. I think we got the images from veer.com but can no longer find the images there.

Oscar Michelen

• ELI Legal Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Courtroom Strategy
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2011, 04:20:22 PM »
Matt I will forward you a letter  on Monday. We have had several cases with IMUA.  John Grant is the attorney there that is doing this work and he has represented Superstock Corbis and many others (though not the biggest MF and Getty to my knowledge) He has been very professional and responsive in my dealings with him so far.

BCooper

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2011, 12:51:04 AM »
Any update on this?

What is the best way to proceed after receiving a letter from IMUA?

MPaul37

« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2011, 10:54:55 AM »
I'm also interested in IMUA as one of my customers received a letter from them demanding $8000 for 3 images.  I also sent Oscar an email on Wednesday attaching the letter.

Thanks!

Official ELI Help Options
Get Help With Your Extortion Letter | ELI Phone Support Call | ELI Defense Letter Program
Show your support of the ELI website & ELI Forums through a PayPal Contribution. Thank you for supporting the ongoing fight and reporting of Extortion Settlement Demand Letters.