ELI Forums > Getty Images Letter Forum

Picrights & AFP Copyright Infringement

<< < (2/2)

UnfairlyTargeted:
Wait, did anyone catch this?

The photo is of a art installation that I created at the Oregon Eclipse Festival in 2017.

So the piece of trash photographer involved in this was petty enough to go after someone who created the art in the photograph?  Without this poor victim, the photographer had nothing to photograph.  Talk about petty, greedy, and messed up.  This is exactly the shit I see all the time from trolls.

Jerry Witt (mcfilms):
I noticed that.

If I were the original poster, I wouldn't be looking to pay them money. I would start insisting that this installation was my original artwork, that the photographer did not get my permission to take the photo, and that I insist that they take it down from their licensing catalogue immediately. Furthermore, I would ask that they preserve all previous licensing records for this image while I retain a lawyer. I'd make it clear that I intend to seek compensation for the sales of the photograph of the installation and ask for contact information for the photographer.

I have a whole second phase of attack in mind too. But I'll save that for another time.

Matthew Chan:
Very nice to see you back, Jerry!

I love your response! This is why we miss you!

And please don't keep us waiting too long... We want to hear your OTHER line of attack!

--- Quote from: Jerry Witt (mcfilms) on September 13, 2018, 10:28:20 PM ---I noticed that.

If I were the original poster, I wouldn't be looking to pay them money. I would start insisting that this installation was my original artwork, that the photographer did not get my permission to take the photo, and that I insist that they take it down from their licensing catalogue immediately. Furthermore, I would ask that they preserve all previous licensing records for this image while I retain a lawyer. I'd make it clear that I intend to seek compensation for the sales of the photograph of the installation and ask for contact information for the photographer.

I have a whole second phase of attack in mind too. But I'll save that for another time.

--- End quote ---

DavidVGoliath:

--- Quote from: Jerry Witt (mcfilms) on September 13, 2018, 10:28:20 PM ---If I were the original poster, I wouldn't be looking to pay them money. I would start insisting that this installation was my original artwork, that the photographer did not get my permission to take the photo, and that I insist that they take it down from their licensing catalogue immediately. Furthermore, I would ask that they preserve all previous licensing records for this image while I retain a lawyer. I'd make it clear that I intend to seek compensation for the sales of the photograph of the installation and ask for contact information for the photographer.
--- End quote ---

Eh, any good IP lawyer will tell you that's not going to happen

law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/17/120

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version