ELI Forums > Getty Images Letter Forum

PicRights.com

<< < (3/14) > >>

Da Guy:
Well, I got my second email from Picrights. Basically the same letter with a revised date demanding the same amount. Still debating whether to ignore or respond. 

kingkendall:
@ Tuna Guy

Responding to them, in my opinion, is a big mistkae1  It tells them your scared and that's not what you want them thinking of you. 

Da Guy:
I hear you on that. That's why still haven't responded so far. However, I just got another email this morning from Picrights. It's essentially the same email / letter, but this time it's from Dan Pollack, General Counsel, stating: "Unless you contact us within 14 days, we will withdraw our proposal to resolve this claim and we may refer this matter may be referred to outside legal counsel to pursue other options." It wasn't written well.  So, I guess this guy is probably Geoff Beal's boss?  Pollack is apparently a lawyer who works for MF as well. Anyone, received similar email / letters from this him?

Matthew Chan:
One can respond to show that they are not afraid to acknowledge and confront the issue.  And one can be very firm and state their position. As a a general rule, I prefer to respond and state my position and back the hell out of it. But that is simply a personal choice. I don't like being accused of not attempting a resolution.  If there is no agreement, one can simply go back into the cave and sit it out.

Again, this is not necessarily advice. The only point I am making is that responding does not automatically equal being fearful or cowering. Sometimes, it is simply a statement of respect and confidence.

So much of of HOW people respond comes down to people's individual personalities. For some, going dark is the easiest, best solution. It is efficient and saves time.  But the downside of that is there is no closure for 3 years.  People have to pick their poison.

--- Quote from: kingkendall on November 02, 2017, 01:48:18 PM ---@ Tuna Guy

Responding to them, in my opinion, is a big mistkae1  It tells them your scared and that's not what you want them thinking of you.

--- End quote ---

jahir3819:
I am wondering whether you have got any response after this.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version