Click Official ELI Links
Get Help With Your Extortion Letter | ELI Phone Support | ELI Legal Representation Program
Show your support of the ELI website & ELI Forums through a PayPal Contribution. Thank you for supporting the ongoing fight and reporting of Extortion Settlement Demand Letters.

Author Topic: Upcoming "The ELI Factor" recording  (Read 2432 times)

Matthew Chan

• ELI Founder, "Admin-on-Hiatus"
  • Administrator
  • 1st Amendment & Section 230 CDA Advocate
    • View Profile
    • Defiantly
Upcoming "The ELI Factor" recording
« on: July 02, 2012, 03:59:57 PM »
In the past, we have always recorded ELI updates without a live audience. We will still create new episodes without a live audience especially when I do have guests and co-hosts which require me to use the Ooovoo.com software.

However, I would like episodes that have some interaction with the ELI community.

I know some of you may not be interested in being "on camera". That is fine, Ustream allows for "live chat" interaction using an anonymous account name while the show is being "livecasted". Additionally, questions and comments can be directed to the Twitter @extortionletter account while the the show is being recorded "live".

I want to invite ELI community members to the live session when I announce a schedule.

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/eli-factor

I am guessing that weekday evenings are the best for most people.  I am guessing a start time of 8pm or 9pm EST is best to try to accommodate the West Coasters (Pacific time) and their 3-hour time difference from where I am in the East Coast (New York time)

It isn't really possible to pick a time to please everyone given our worldwide readership.  But I will try to work towards those who want to find out who are committed enough to post preferences or suggestions.

All "livecasts" will be recorded and will likely be re-edited and condensed into a standalone episode.

If I do have special guests/co-hosts on video using Oovoo, the only way to direct questions to us is through the Twitter feed.

However, if I am hosting the show alone, I will be using the Ustream website and chat feature in addition to monitoring the Twitter feed.

Let me know the best days and time for you to attend a "livecast" session if you are interested.
I'm a non-lawyer but not legally ignorant either. Under the 1st Amendment, I have the right to post facts & opinions using rhetorical hyperbole, colloquialisms, metaphors, parody, snark, or epithets. Under Section 230 of CDA, I'm only responsible for posts I write, not what others write.

Greg Troy (KeepFighting)

• ELI Defense Team Member
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Yeah, We Do That.
Re: Upcoming "The ELI Factor" recording
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2012, 04:52:38 PM »
I am usually done with work and home by 9pm EST.  I can do pretty much any day as long as it's around 9ish.  This sounds like a great format and I can't wait to see it.
Every situation is unique, any advice or opinions I offer are given for your consideration only. You must decide what is best for you and your particular situation. I am not a lawyer and do not offer legal advice.

--Greg Troy

Moe Hacken

• We have not yet begun to hack
    • View Profile
Re: Upcoming "The ELI Factor" recording
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2012, 06:28:13 PM »
I would make my best effort to watch and participate any time you're on. Great idea, Matthew, and another great initiative.
I'd rather die on my feet than live on my knees

Official ELI Help Options
Get Help With Your Extortion Letter | ELI Phone Support Call | ELI Defense Letter Program
Show your support of the ELI website & ELI Forums through a PayPal Contribution. Thank you for supporting the ongoing fight and reporting of Extortion Settlement Demand Letters.