ELI Forums > Getty Images Letter Forum

Pixsy Letter (photographer has history of suing)

<< < (4/9) > >>

Ethan Seven:
Your argument is flawed, again.  Getty owns istock, but Istock is not Getty.    istock is a discount line of royalty free images.  Getty focuses on rights managed images that cost much more.  So, Schwabel is probably getting paid much more than you think.

Go on to Getty’s site and you will see images that get licensed  for hundreds and thousands of dollars.  There are higher end agencies that sell images for even more money. 

DavidVGoliath:

--- Quote from: Ethan Seven on August 15, 2018, 03:03:10 AM ---Your argument is flawed, again. Getty owns iStock, but Istock is not Getty. iStock is a discount line of royalty free images.  Getty focuses on rights managed images that cost much more.  So, Schwabel is probably getting paid much more than you think.
--- End quote ---

I just popped on to iStock moments ago; a search for "Tom Schwabel" or "Thomas Schwabel" returned no images. Conversely, he has 168 images listed on Getty.

So: Schwabel will most likely be receiving a royalty rate of 35% which means that, outside of volume licensing clients (who tend to license news/sports shots) he'll be earning semi-decent royalties from his works there.

I do have a question for UnfairlyTargeted, though: did Schwabel file suit against you or not? If he filed, and won,

UnfairlyTargeted:
No, Schwabel hasn't sued me because his case is full of shit.  I would have relished the idea of him suing me just to see how much of his time and money he'd waste.  It's very hard to squeeze money out of someone even with a judgment.  Assets can be hidden and sheltered offshore.  Credit destruction isn't an issue for some people if they never use it.  It's just a big waste of time on his end.  What's better is how I would have brought in a tough litigator friend of mine to grill him on the stand over his manifesto and manual on extortion.  It would have messed up all of his luxurious excessive travel plans for months with court dates and depositions.  And the evidence I have on his seeding and collusion with law firms as part of his racket would have been very damaging and embarrassing.  Then when he lost his case, I would press criminal charges for extortion.  Given his background including prison time for identity theft, it would end very badly for him. You know, as a felon, it's very hard to escape your past and get a clean start.

Ethan Seven:
I have to hand it to you Unfairly Targeted, your steadfast commitment to delusion and anger is something special. 

UnfairlyTargeted:
Still waiting for someone to show me a pic that's worth hundreds or thousands and is somehow better than something available free or on istock for some cents

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version