Click Official ELI Links
Get Help With Your Extortion Letter | ELI Phone Support | ELI Legal Representation Program
Show your support of the ELI website & ELI Forums through a PayPal Contribution. Thank you for supporting the ongoing fight and reporting of Extortion Settlement Demand Letters.

Author Topic: Public Records Requests for Getty Images Update  (Read 17505 times)

Robert Krausankas (BuddhaPi)

• ELI Defense Team Member
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • ExtortionLetterInfo
Public Records Requests for Getty Images Update
« on: June 19, 2012, 05:31:50 PM »
As some of you may know, I sent in a formal request for public records pertaining to Getty Images with the Washington State Attorney General. I initially received an email from them stating it would be sometime this week for them to locate and collect the files.. I just received the following email:

Dear Mr. Krausankas:

This letter is to update you on the status of your public records request dated April 25, 2012, which we received in our office via email on May 25, 2012.  You requested the following:

Getty Images - Any complaints in the public record.

We continue to search for records that the Attorney General’s office may have in response to your request and estimate that it will take until June 29, 2012 to determine the location, nature and amount of records that may be responsive.  If this time assessment requires adjustment, we will advise you of that.

Once the location, nature and amount of records have been determined, we will provide you with a further estimate of the time necessary to gather the records, if any, for inspection and/or copying.

If you have any questions, please contact the undersigned at:  Office of the Attorney General, Public Records & Constituent Services, P.O. Box 40100, Olympia, WA  98504-0100.

Thank you,
Susan Greene
Assistant Public Records Officer
Public Records & Constituent Services

They are either really backed up, or there are a boatload of complaints they are gathering, time will tell..
Most questions have already been addressed in the forums, get yourself educated before making decisions.

Any advice is strictly that, and anything I may state is based on my opinions, and observations.
Robert Krausankas

I have a few friends around here..

Greg Troy (KeepFighting)

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Yeah, We Do That.
Re: Public Records Requests for Getty Images Update
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2012, 06:10:20 PM »
It’s the volume, be patient they are working on it.  ;D

They are either really backed up, or there are a boatload of complaints they are gathering, time will tell..
Every situation is unique, any advice or opinions I offer are given for your consideration only. You must decide what is best for you and your particular situation. I am not a lawyer and do not offer legal advice.

--Greg Troy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • ExtortionLetterInfo
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2012, 06:37:53 PM »
Another quick update! Now I have actually received a letter via USPS from Susan Greene, stating they are STILL rounding up records, The letter was dated June 29th and states that the time estimate to fulfill my request is now July 20th.. Guess I dumped a major job on them.. It also states as did the last email..

"Once the location, nature and amount of records have been determined, we will provide you with a further estimate of the time necessary to gather the records, if any, for inspection and/or copying."
Most questions have already been addressed in the forums, get yourself educated before making decisions.

Any advice is strictly that, and anything I may state is based on my opinions, and observations.
Robert Krausankas

Greg Troy (KeepFighting)

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Yeah, We Do That.
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2012, 06:45:44 PM »
Thanks for the update, let us know when they arrive as I would be very interested in seeing them.  I appreciate all your hard work Robert!
Every situation is unique, any advice or opinions I offer are given for your consideration only. You must decide what is best for you and your particular situation. I am not a lawyer and do not offer legal advice.

--Greg Troy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • ExtortionLetterInfo
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2012, 06:53:43 PM »
I'm really hoping they are just very busy with other items...I can visualize this:

Buddha's request leaving the Seattle Post Office hub..

Robert Krausankas

Greg Troy (KeepFighting)

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Yeah, We Do That.
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2012, 11:24:27 PM »
Don't you feel bad now, they will probably have to put a tax levy on the ballot just to cover the postage! :o

--Greg Troy

Matthew Chan

• ELI Founder, "Admin-on-Hiatus"
  • Administrator
  • 1st Amendment & Section 230 CDA Advocate
    • View Profile
    • Defiantly
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2012, 11:57:20 PM »
What kind of crazy system do they have in Washington State? There can't be that many complaints, can there?.  And even if there were, don't they have some kind of filing or scanning system?  I don't understand how it can take so long.
I'm a non-lawyer but not legally ignorant either. Under the 1st Amendment, I have the right to post facts & opinions using rhetorical hyperbole, colloquialisms, metaphors, parody, snark, or epithets. Under Section 230 of CDA, I'm only responsible for posts I write, not what others write.

SoylentGreen

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2012, 12:09:01 AM »
Public employees paid hourly?
But, wouldn't it be funny if the number of complaints was HUGE?

S.G.

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • ExtortionLetterInfo
« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2012, 08:29:46 AM »
They certainly are not very "fast" by any means..My original email was sent  on April 25th, they did not "receive" it until May25th..in other words it sat in their inbox for 1 month..It's a free service, and you get what you pay for I guess..

Robert Krausankas

Greg Troy (KeepFighting)

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Yeah, We Do That.
« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2012, 01:05:42 PM »
I think it would actually kind of make me sad if there were a huge number of complaints because that would mean that they should know there is a problem here but I have not heard of them investigating it. But it is certainly mind-boggling as to why a simple request like this should take that long. I'm very interested to see how many complaints there actually are.

Public employees paid hourly?
But, wouldn't it be funny if the number of complaints was HUGE?

S.G.

--Greg Troy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • ExtortionLetterInfo
« Reply #10 on: July 16, 2012, 01:44:25 PM »
The McCormack records came back fairly quickly...who knows how many they have!

Robert Krausankas

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • ExtortionLetterInfo
« Reply #11 on: July 20, 2012, 07:42:11 PM »
hahahah, I'm laughing my ass off!!

July 20, 2012
Mr. Robert Krausankas
Jupiter, FL 33458

RE:     Public Records Request Received May 25, 2012
          File Number: PRR-2012-00283
Dear Mr. Krausankas:
This letter is to update you on the status of your public records request dated April 25, 2012, which we received in our office via email on May 25, 2012.  You requested the following:

Getty Images - Any complaints in the public record.

The records responsive to your request are now available for disclosure.  There are a total of 1,282 pages, RK-00001 through RK-01282.

The most efficient and cost-effective way to provide the records to you is to save them to a compact disc (CD).  The cost of the CD, paper sleeve and postage is $1.78.  Please submit a check or money order in the exact amount made payable to the Office of the Attorney General and mail the payment to:  Office of the Attorney General, Attn: S. Greene, P.O. Box 40100, Olympia, WA 98504-0100.  Once payment is received, the responsive records will be mailed to you via US mail.

Please be advised that if a requester does not claim or review the requested documents, the request is considered fulfilled and can be closed.  If we do not receive your payment by August 20, 2012 your request will be closed.

If you have any questions, please contact the undersigned.
Sincerely,
SUSAN GREENE
Assistant Public Records Officer
Public Records & Constituent Services

8) question is WHO wants to help me dig thru all of this?

Robert Krausankas

Greg Troy (KeepFighting)

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Yeah, We Do That.
« Reply #12 on: July 20, 2012, 08:41:34 PM »
You can count on me to help you in any way I can!  Just let me know what you need done.

--Greg Troy

SoylentGreen

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 20, 2012, 08:50:07 PM »
Holy shite, Buddhapi.
This is hilarious.  I wonder if these can be dumped en-masse on the web publicly?
Then, the troops (and anyone else) can dig through them?
Perhaps, Google could index them (the collection would come up even before Getty's home page in the search results).
lol.

S.G.

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • ExtortionLetterInfo
« Reply #14 on: July 20, 2012, 09:04:03 PM »
We'll have to see how the files are on the CD, my check for 1.78 will go out tomorrow...I feel I should at least buy this lady lunch!!

If the files are good to go, I just happen to have a server to upload everything to.., not to mention a slew of names, emails addresses, and phone numbers to!

Holy shite, Buddhapi.
This is hilarious.  I wonder if these can be dumped en-masse on the web publicly?
Then, the troops (and anyone else) can dig through them?
Perhaps, Google could index them (the collection would come up even before Getty's home page in the search results).
lol.

S.G.

Robert Krausankas

Official ELI Help Options
Get Help With Your Extortion Letter | ELI Phone Support Call | ELI Defense Letter Program
Show your support of the ELI website & ELI Forums through a PayPal Contribution. Thank you for supporting the ongoing fight and reporting of Extortion Settlement Demand Letters.