Click Official ELI Links
Get Help With Your Extortion Letter | ELI Phone Support | ELI Legal Representation Program
Show your support of the ELI website & ELI Forums through a PayPal Contribution. Thank you for supporting the ongoing fight and reporting of Extortion Settlement Demand Letters.

Author Topic: I Am A Proud New Owner Of A New Getty Extortion Demand Letter  (Read 3546 times)

SuperWaterMan

• SuperHero For Water
    • View Profile
    • WaterCheck.biz - Transforming Your Relationship To Water
I Am A Proud New Owner Of A New Getty Extortion Demand Letter
« on: October 11, 2013, 05:56:43 PM »
Hello Matt,

As of Oct 8, 2013 I am a proud owned of the famous Getty Extortion Letter.

First, when I got the letter I was nervous for a sec. Then I googled getty demand letter on my iphone and there was ELI.

I come from a long line of Hungarian Freedom Fighters, and I truly appreciate what the ELI community is providing to support the cause of people fighting corrupt corps and toxic business practices. I acknowledge the ELI team and the ELI community.

I will be scouring the ELI forums and responding to Getty in kind, at my own pace.

And a shout our to Greg Troy aka (KeepFighting), I really liked your experiment letters > I will be using a similar method that you layed out. Want more info on the experiment letters ? Then go here

http://www.extortionletterinfo.com/forum/getty-images-letter-forum/an-experiment-against-getty/

Greg, I was a child boxer and I met Joe Louis when I was 10 > I appreciate your fighting spirit.

As my contribution to the cause, I organized a list of extortion fighting resources I created here >

http://www.scribd.com/doc/175231905/Getty-Letter-Resources

Of course there are more. So spend some time searching. But I hope what I found and shared is a good start.

Lets show the world what Getty Images is up to and have some fun in the meantime.

Let me know how I can be of further service and lets stand up to these bullies and WIN !!!

Greg Troy (KeepFighting)

• ELI Defense Team Member
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Yeah, We Do That.
Re: I Am A Proud New Owner Of A New Getty Extortion Demand Letter
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2013, 08:41:34 PM »
Thank you for the shout out SuperWaterMan and welcome to the fight!  Feel free to ask me any question you may have in getting your own campaign going :)
Every situation is unique, any advice or opinions I offer are given for your consideration only. You must decide what is best for you and your particular situation. I am not a lawyer and do not offer legal advice.

--Greg Troy

SuperWaterMan

• SuperHero For Water
    • View Profile
    • WaterCheck.biz - Transforming Your Relationship To Water
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2013, 11:04:28 PM »
Thanks Greg for your reply.

Quick question ... Where can I find wording for a letter that does not admit to usage ?

I await your reply.

Thanks,
Leslie

Greg Troy (KeepFighting)

• ELI Defense Team Member
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Yeah, We Do That.
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2013, 11:58:59 PM »
Just refer to it as alleged infringement.  You can also look in the ELI Scribd library for letter sent from Oscar on behalf of clients.  I think there was a good one to Hawaiian Art Network that was sent out around the same time as the lawsuit against them.  Oscar did a beautiful job (as always) on that letter.
Every situation is unique, any advice or opinions I offer are given for your consideration only. You must decide what is best for you and your particular situation. I am not a lawyer and do not offer legal advice.

--Greg Troy

Oscar Michelen

• ELI Legal Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Courtroom Strategy
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2013, 08:13:35 PM »
Leslie: Just be aware that no matter what you write in the letter it will not end their stream of communication with you. Once you write them and state your position (and of course remove the image in question) I would suggest not continuing the correspondence. You may then get new letters from NCIS Recovery or Tim McCormack but none of that will mean you are any nearer to suit.

Official ELI Help Options
Get Help With Your Extortion Letter | ELI Phone Support Call | ELI Defense Letter Program
Show your support of the ELI website & ELI Forums through a PayPal Contribution. Thank you for supporting the ongoing fight and reporting of Extortion Settlement Demand Letters.