Click Official ELI Links
Get Help With Your Extortion Letter | ELI Phone Support | ELI Legal Representation Program
Show your support of the ELI website & ELI Forums through a PayPal Contribution. Thank you for supporting the ongoing fight and reporting of Extortion Settlement Demand Letters.

Author Topic: Reached my SOL today but still going to Keep Fighting  (Read 7805 times)

Greg Troy (KeepFighting)

• ELI Defense Team Member
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Yeah, We Do That.
Reached my SOL today but still going to Keep Fighting
« on: March 31, 2015, 08:28:09 PM »
I just realized that today is the end of my statute of limitations.  Although I felt fairly confident Getty was not going to come after me (and kind of sad they didn't try) it is still good to know that this part of my Getty experience is over. 

I am not going anywhere and will continue on here assisting new letter recipients explore their options and encouraging those who feel that they have been treated/handled unfairly to file Attorney General complaints, speak up and make their voices heard.

On the bright side of this, if I had not received that letter and Getty refused to negotiate in good faith I would have never become involved with ELI or have made so many life-long and valued friends.  So thank you Matthew, Robert, Oscar, April, Joe and the rest of the family, it is a privilege and pleasure to talk with you, work with you and most of all call you friend.
Every situation is unique, any advice or opinions I offer are given for your consideration only. You must decide what is best for you and your particular situation. I am not a lawyer and do not offer legal advice.

--Greg Troy

Peeved

Re: Reached my SOL today but still going to Keep Fighting
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2015, 10:17:07 PM »
Great that you reached your SOL! The fact that you are not going anywhere...
EVEN BETTER!
 8)

stinger

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2015, 10:36:48 PM »
Congratulations Greg!

You rock!

Timothy B. McCormack not at all.

Greg Troy (KeepFighting)

• ELI Defense Team Member
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Yeah, We Do That.
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2015, 11:51:18 PM »
I knew I missed some names, always Peeved!! ;D
Every situation is unique, any advice or opinions I offer are given for your consideration only. You must decide what is best for you and your particular situation. I am not a lawyer and do not offer legal advice.

--Greg Troy

Matthew Chan

• ELI Founder, "Admin-on-Hiatus"
  • Administrator
  • 1st Amendment & Section 230 CDA Advocate
    • View Profile
    • Defiantly
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2015, 07:40:16 PM »
Congratulations on reaching that Statute of Limitations. We need to have more people posting their stories as an inspiration to others. If we get enough of them, I will create and develop a new section to "success stories" and people who successfully reached the three-year mark.

And regarding the consequences of Getty Images' actions, there is no question that it created a great deal of unhappiness and stress for me that led to the launching of ELI in 2008.

But it is also undeniable that there have been MANY positive events and unforeseen benefits that came from their actions. Similar to Greg, because of Getty Images, I have formed friendships and associates from literally all over the world and extended my reach and influence to the press, tech blogs, entrepreneurs, small business owners, etc. in unimaginable ways before 2008. ELI has even become a part-time business project (although admittedly I have mixed feelings about that aspect of it).

From Getty Images, was born the antics of Timothy B. McCormack who would later go on to foolishly advise, encourage, and make himself involved to the embarrassing Chan v. Ellis appeal ordeal.  Getty Images has one more reason to be embarrassed about Timmy but I don't want to digress aside from the fact that he functions as the token pinata for ELI to beat on and mock (figuratively speaking, not literally, for the literary-challenged) when he does or says something foolish publicly. You know he is really disrespected when even a certain ELI lawyer makes the occasional "disapproving" public remark of Timmy.

I just realized that today is the end of my statute of limitations.  Although I felt fairly confident Getty was not going to come after me (and kind of sad they didn't try) it is still good to know that this part of my Getty experience is over. 

I am not going anywhere and will continue on here assisting new letter recipients explore their options and encouraging those who feel that they have been treated/handled unfairly to file Attorney General complaints, speak up and make their voices heard.

On the bright side of this, if I had not received that letter and Getty refused to negotiate in good faith I would have never become involved with ELI or have made so many life-long and valued friends.  So thank you Matthew, Robert, Oscar, April, Joe and the rest of the family, it is a privilege and pleasure to talk with you, work with you and most of all call you friend.
I'm a non-lawyer but not legally ignorant either. Under the 1st Amendment, I have the right to post facts & opinions using rhetorical hyperbole, colloquialisms, metaphors, parody, snark, or epithets. Under Section 230 of CDA, I'm only responsible for posts I write, not what others write.

stinger

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2015, 07:54:47 PM »
From Getty Images, was born the antics of Timothy B. McCormack who would later go on to foolishly advise, encourage, and make himself involved to the embarrassing Chan v. Ellis appeal ordeal.  Getty Images has one more reason to be embarrassed about Timmy but I don't want to digress aside from the fact that he functions as the token pinata for ELI to beat on and mock (figuratively speaking, not literally, for the literary-challenged) when he does or says something foolish publicly. You know he is really disrespected when even a certain ELI lawyer makes the occasional "disapproving" public remark of Timmy B. McCormack.

To clarify, the Chan v. Ellis appeal ordeal was only embarrassing to Timothy B. McCormack and Linda Ellis.  I personally found it to be a source of pride and satisfaction that our legal process works in spite of the fact that certain ninnies are able to sneak through the bar exam process.

Official ELI Help Options
Get Help With Your Extortion Letter | ELI Phone Support Call | ELI Defense Letter Program
Show your support of the ELI website & ELI Forums through a PayPal Contribution. Thank you for supporting the ongoing fight and reporting of Extortion Settlement Demand Letters.