Click Official ELI Links
Get Help With Your Extortion Letter | ELI Phone Support | ELI Legal Representation Program
Show your support of the ELI website & ELI Forums through a PayPal Contribution. Thank you for supporting the ongoing fight and reporting of Extortion Settlement Demand Letters.

Author Topic: Getty images Gets sued...again  (Read 6932 times)

Robert Krausankas (BuddhaPi)

• ELI Defense Team Member
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • ExtortionLetterInfo
Getty images Gets sued...again
« on: May 12, 2015, 05:04:41 PM »
For copyright infringement! Imagine that, I hope those fucktards lose their asses again!

http://copyright-trolls.com/site/getty-images-sued-for-copyright-infringement-again/
Most questions have already been addressed in the forums, get yourself educated before making decisions.

Any advice is strictly that, and anything I may state is based on my opinions, and observations.
Robert Krausankas

I have a few friends around here..

Greg Troy (KeepFighting)

• ELI Defense Team Member
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Yeah, We Do That.
Re: Getty images Gets sued...again
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2015, 07:30:05 PM »
It seems nothing ever really changes with Getty it seems.  Just got off the phone tonight with a guy who is being harassed by Mr. McCormack's office.  He says he has tried to talk to them and negotiate but they will have none of it.  Still the same pay all of it or you will end up in court routine.

I've said it before and I'll say it again that when you try to negotiate with these people and they:

1 refuse to provide proof of claim

2 refuse to negotiate in good faith (no proof, refuse to consider counter offers, etc)

3 continue to elude to a lawsuit that will be filed against you for not paying them blindly without proof of claim

You can and in my opinion should:

1)File a complaint with the Washington State Attorney General's Office outlining what you have done to try to settle the matter. 

2) Name names, not only include Getty (the corporation) but the individual who is sending you the letters, calling you and/or emailing you. 

3) If the letter and harassment are coming from McCormack Legal as in the case of the person I was speaking with tonight file a State Bar Complaint against the lawyer that is sending you the letters in addition to the complaints to the AG's office.

4) Invoice them for your time responding to letters that they refuse to deal with in good faith (Jerry Witt's idea and I love it)

I have outlined my story in the thread "An Experiment Against Getty" but I will repeat it here, once I filed my complaints Getty backed off and I never heard from them again. That was over 3 years ago.  My SOL came and went without another peep from them.  Just sayin....
Every situation is unique, any advice or opinions I offer are given for your consideration only. You must decide what is best for you and your particular situation. I am not a lawyer and do not offer legal advice.

--Greg Troy

stinger

• View Profile
Re: Getty images Gets sued...again
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2015, 10:30:30 PM »
I can attest that once I filed my bar complaint against Lauren Kingston of McCormack IP law, I never heard another peep from her.  My statute of limitations has since run out.

Official ELI Help Options
Get Help With Your Extortion Letter | ELI Phone Support Call | ELI Defense Letter Program
Show your support of the ELI website & ELI Forums through a PayPal Contribution. Thank you for supporting the ongoing fight and reporting of Extortion Settlement Demand Letters.