Click Official ELI Links
Get Help With Your Extortion Letter | ELI Phone Support | ELI Legal Representation Program
Show your support of the ELI website & ELI Forums through a PayPal Contribution. Thank you for supporting the ongoing fight and reporting of Extortion Settlement Demand Letters.

Author Topic: Received Getty Letter, Forwarded to Defense Letter Program  (Read 2924 times)

950Charge

• View Profile
Received Getty Letter, Forwarded to Defense Letter Program
« on: August 06, 2013, 09:59:30 PM »
I received an email from Getty stating that I never replied to their letter that they sent me. This is in regards to an image [that I have no recollection of ever using on my website] that my business used before I shut it down. The website has not been up for over a year so I don't even have a reference for the image. Additionally, I have shut down the physical office and have been abroad for a month so I didn't even know about it. I would like to opt for the Defense Letter Program and have sent all email communication to the Defense Gmail account. I also previously sent the documents to inquires@cuomollc - I apologize for that- not knowing there was a dedicated email for this type of work. I sent the documents roughly a day ago and am waiting for a response but if the community could let me know if being abroad has any affect on this procedure, it would be greatly appreciated.

PS. Thank you all the wonderful resources here on this website by the way.

Greg Troy (KeepFighting)

• ELI Defense Team Member
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Yeah, We Do That.
Re: Received Getty Letter, Forwarded to Defense Letter Program
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2013, 08:15:06 AM »
The deadlines Getty sends are for the most part designed to panic the person into paying before they have a chance to do any research and learn about Getty's business model.

If you have not resent the documents to the digitalimagelitigation@gmail.com then send them there.

You may check where you had your website and make sure there are no backup copies there that Pic-Scout is seeing as well as there are no copies on the Wayback Machine (archive.org).
Every situation is unique, any advice or opinions I offer are given for your consideration only. You must decide what is best for you and your particular situation. I am not a lawyer and do not offer legal advice.

--Greg Troy

Oscar Michelen

• ELI Legal Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Courtroom Strategy
Re: Received Getty Letter, Forwarded to Defense Letter Program
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2013, 11:47:21 AM »
We are responding to all outstanding emails today so if You don't hear from us bu end of business today call me in office tomorrow at 516 741 3222.

Official ELI Help Options
Get Help With Your Extortion Letter | ELI Phone Support Call | ELI Defense Letter Program
Show your support of the ELI website & ELI Forums through a PayPal Contribution. Thank you for supporting the ongoing fight and reporting of Extortion Settlement Demand Letters.