Click Official ELI Links
Get Help With Your Extortion Letter | ELI Phone Support | ELI Legal Representation Program
Show your support of the ELI website & ELI Forums through a PayPal Contribution. Thank you for supporting the ongoing fight and reporting of Extortion Settlement Demand Letters.

Author Topic: Google announces changes to its' Image Search  (Read 2919 times)

Robert Krausankas (BuddhaPi)

• ELI Defense Team Member
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • ExtortionLetterInfo
Google announces changes to its' Image Search
« on: January 24, 2013, 05:18:15 PM »
This will likely piss of some artists and photogs...or at the very least make it a topic of discussion once again..

Artists and photographers tend to have mixed feelings about Google Image Search. Though Google’s use of thumbnails of images was ruled to be a fair use in 2007, many feel that Google doesn’t do enough to prevent misuse of their images and that the service caters to individuals who are looking to infringe (knowingly or unknowingly) on copyright.
As such, every time that Google announces an update to Google Image Search, there’s bound to be some controversy and concern and Google announced one such update yesterday.

Since the changes haven’t rolled out yet, it’s impossible to know for certain how they will impact artists but it’s clear looking at the screenshots and changes that there’s going to be some good and some bad with them.

http://www.plagiarismtoday.com/2013/01/24/google-updates-image-search-artists-to-see-changes/

People looking for images on Google often want to browse through many images, looking both at the images and their metadata (detailed information about the images). Based on feedback from both users and webmasters, we redesigned Google Images to provide a better search experience. In the next few days, you’ll see image results displayed in an inline panel so it’s faster, more beautiful, and more reliable. You will be able to quickly flip through a set of images by using the keyboard. If you want to go back to browsing other search results, just scroll down and pick up right where you left off.

http://googlewebmastercentral.blogspot.ca/2013/01/faster-image-search.html
Most questions have already been addressed in the forums, get yourself educated before making decisions.

Any advice is strictly that, and anything I may state is based on my opinions, and observations.
Robert Krausankas

I have a few friends around here..

jot

• View Profile
Re: Google announces changes to its' Image Search
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2013, 09:44:21 PM »
Are you sure Google is not working with the copyright trolls on this one?....this is going to make it even easier for people to misuse images and copy them to everywhere on the net.  Though 98% will be innocent infringers, it is just going to give the trolls more of a base to try to extort.

Google needs to but in big red letters over the image...

"The use of this image anywhere else on the web other than the original site the image is hosted will likely net you an extortion letter for copyright infringement!"   :)

Robert Krausankas (BuddhaPi)

• ELI Defense Team Member
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • ExtortionLetterInfo
Re: Google announces changes to its' Image Search
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2013, 09:50:14 PM »
I'm not sure of anything anymore, just when I thought I had seen or heard it all..I get a kick in the ass.. I know phogs were pissed before, I suspect they will be again, even more so this time.
Most questions have already been addressed in the forums, get yourself educated before making decisions.

Any advice is strictly that, and anything I may state is based on my opinions, and observations.
Robert Krausankas

I have a few friends around here..

Official ELI Help Options
Get Help With Your Extortion Letter | ELI Phone Support Call | ELI Defense Letter Program
Show your support of the ELI website & ELI Forums through a PayPal Contribution. Thank you for supporting the ongoing fight and reporting of Extortion Settlement Demand Letters.