Click Official ELI Links
Get Help With Your Extortion Letter | ELI Phone Support | ELI Legal Representation Program
Show your support of the ELI website & ELI Forums through a PayPal Contribution. Thank you for supporting the ongoing fight and reporting of Extortion Settlement Demand Letters.

Author Topic: Ron Raffaelli v. Getty Images Settled  (Read 4015 times)

Greg Troy (KeepFighting)

• ELI Defense Team Member
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Yeah, We Do That.
Ron Raffaelli v. Getty Images Settled
« on: March 19, 2014, 07:49:41 PM »
I was checking for updates on a few cases I have been following in PACER and I noticed that the Ron Raffaelli (Rock Photo) case had been closed. 

If you do not remember/know of this case Mr. Raffaelli claimed that Getty Images knowingly and willfully purchased stolen images of his and then made them available for licensing.

The case was just settled on 03/04/2014 and just like the Aloha Plastic Surgery case we will never get to know what it was as both parties agreed to drop the case leaving the court with jurisdiction to enforce the settlement.  Getty as usual insisted on keeping the details private.

http://www.scribd.com/doc/213418051/64-0-Order

Getty has become a lawsuit magnet of late, they settled this case, they just lost the Daniel Morel case along with AFP to the tune of 1.2 Mil, they are being sued by sports photographers for thousands of images used without permission and they were just sued for patent infringement.  There are also at least two other cases ongoing right now as well.

I don't know how much more of this Getty can absorb before the whole company collapses in on itself.
Every situation is unique, any advice or opinions I offer are given for your consideration only. You must decide what is best for you and your particular situation. I am not a lawyer and do not offer legal advice.

--Greg Troy

Mulligan

• View Profile
Re: Ron Raffaelli v. Getty Images Settled
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2014, 05:11:49 PM »
Getty has become a lawsuit magnet of late, they settled this case, they just lost the Daniel Morel case along with AFP to the tune of 1.2 Mil, they are being sued by sports photographers for thousands of images used without permission and they were just sued for patent infringement.  There are also at least two other cases ongoing right now as well.

I don't know how much more of this Getty can absorb before the whole company collapses in on itself.

Karma at work. If a company ever deserved to get treated the way it treats people, Getty Images is close to the top of the list...

Official ELI Help Options
Get Help With Your Extortion Letter | ELI Phone Support Call | ELI Defense Letter Program
Show your support of the ELI website & ELI Forums through a PayPal Contribution. Thank you for supporting the ongoing fight and reporting of Extortion Settlement Demand Letters.