Click Official ELI Links
Get Help With Your Extortion Letter | ELI Phone Support | ELI Legal Representation Program
Show your support of the ELI website & ELI Forums through a PayPal Contribution. Thank you for supporting the ongoing fight and reporting of Extortion Settlement Demand Letters.

Author Topic: Stalking Complaint Filed Against ELI's Matthew Chan  (Read 5216 times)

Matthew Chan

• ELI Founder, "Admin-on-Hiatus"
  • Administrator
  • 1st Amendment & Section 230 CDA Advocate
    • View Profile
    • Defiantly
Stalking Complaint Filed Against ELI's Matthew Chan
« on: February 16, 2013, 03:31:12 AM »
As some of you already know, there was a bit of legal drama for me today.

On Feb. 13, 2013, Linda Ellis (Author of The Dash Poem) drove 2 hours to Columbus GA and personally filed a stalking complaint against me.

http://www.scribd.com/doc/125745638/Linda-Ellis-Stalking-Complaint-Against-ELI-s-Matthew-Chan

The papers were served to me today by a Deputy Sheriff.  There was no drama between myself or the Deputy. It was entirely cordial. He did a mandatory reading of the order which was fairly clear and understandable. Quite frankly, most of it was easy to follow given the fact that Linda and I have never met, spoken, faxed, or exchanged emails. I have also never come close to driving to her house or neighborhood.

A "Stalking Ex Parte Temporary Protective Order" was delivered to me.  A hearing has been set for Feb. 28, 2013. I am required to appear before the judge.

Her central complaints revolve around so-called "death threats", the posting of her and her family's personal information (all publicly accessible and Google indexed), April Brown's forum topic title "we are coming after you", and the open discussion of driving by her subdivision to take a photo of her house.  Keep in mind these are HER complaints and HER interpretation. Clearly, I disagree with these complaints.

Linda Ellis exaggerates, takes sentences out of context, and basically twisting the truth.  Linda is trying to hold me accountable for the disagreeable content on this discussion forum.

My team has been contacted and received a scanned copy of the court papers. So there will be a lot of brainpower at work.

However, in the days to come, I will be asking my supporters and the ELI Community for financial contributions, testimonial letters, recommendation letters, extra eyes and ears, and help to reach bloggers and the press to cover this case.

Comments and discussions on this topic should be directed to this thread:

http://www.extortionletterinfo.com/forum/linda-ellis-lindas-lyrics-dash-poem-letters-forum/linda-ellis-files-stalking-complaint-against-matthew-chan/msg14261/#msg14261
« Last Edit: February 16, 2013, 03:36:43 AM by Matthew Chan »
I'm a non-lawyer but not legally ignorant either. Under the 1st Amendment, I have the right to post facts & opinions using rhetorical hyperbole, colloquialisms, metaphors, parody, snark, or epithets. Under Section 230 of CDA, I'm only responsible for posts I write, not what others write.

Oscar Michelen

• ELI Legal Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Courtroom Strategy
Re: Stalking Complaint Filed Against ELI's Matthew Chan
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2013, 01:27:04 AM »
We will prevail!

Moe Hacken

• We have not yet begun to hack
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2013, 08:54:57 PM »
I find it very ironic that she drove 2 hours in YOUR direction so she could file a restraining order for YOU to stay away from HER?

That like saying, "Come here and leave me alone!"

Not that it's surprising that a person who makes a living out of frivolous litigation would file a frivolous legal action.

She would do better to save the gas money, time and court fees to pay for some counseling to help her deal with her inner troll.
I'd rather die on my feet than live on my knees

Robert Krausankas (BuddhaPi)

• ELI Defense Team Member
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • ExtortionLetterInfo
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2013, 09:02:09 PM »
I find it very ironic that she drove 2 hours in YOUR direction so she could file a restraining order for YOU to stay away from HER?

Not that it's surprising that a person who makes a living out of frivolous litigation would file a frivolous legal action.

She would do better to save the gas money, time and court fees to pay for some counseling to help her deal with her inner troll.

Linda Ellis author of "The Dash" poem doesn't make money via litigation, as she never files lawsuits, she only threatens them, in the hopes that her victims will roll over and pay her...which apparently some do..Just like Getty if she were to file, the courts would most likely award her the minimum amount, which would be a losing proposition for her.. And much like Getty and other trolls she has her "frans" thinking that we here at ELI do not respect copyright, and frankly there is nothing further from the truth.
Most questions have already been addressed in the forums, get yourself educated before making decisions.

Any advice is strictly that, and anything I may state is based on my opinions, and observations.
Robert Krausankas

I have a few friends around here..

Moe Hacken

• We have not yet begun to hack
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2013, 09:23:12 PM »
I stand corrected, Robert. I meant to say "the threat of frivolous litigation," which is what these trolls bank on.
I'd rather die on my feet than live on my knees

Matthew Chan

• ELI Founder, "Admin-on-Hiatus"
  • Administrator
  • 1st Amendment & Section 230 CDA Advocate
    • View Profile
    • Defiantly
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2013, 08:39:04 AM »
That is a very good insight and even humorous when you put it that way... except for the fact that Temporary Protective Orders are treated seriously in Georgia. Definitely a time-suck.

I'm a non-lawyer but not legally ignorant either. Under the 1st Amendment, I have the right to post facts & opinions using rhetorical hyperbole, colloquialisms, metaphors, parody, snark, or epithets. Under Section 230 of CDA, I'm only responsible for posts I write, not what others write.

Official ELI Help Options
Get Help With Your Extortion Letter | ELI Phone Support Call | ELI Defense Letter Program
Show your support of the ELI website & ELI Forums through a PayPal Contribution. Thank you for supporting the ongoing fight and reporting of Extortion Settlement Demand Letters.