Click Official ELI Links
Get Help With Your Extortion Letter | ELI Phone Support | ELI Legal Representation Program
Show your support of the ELI website & ELI Forums through a PayPal Contribution. Thank you for supporting the ongoing fight and reporting of Extortion Settlement Demand Letters.

Author Topic: Thank You  (Read 7721 times)

bernicem77

• View Profile
Thank You
« on: January 18, 2012, 12:09:27 AM »
I just want to thank everyone participating in this group. Had I not found this site, I would have paid Getty the exorbitant amount they requested for one image. 

I received an "extortion" letter from Getty summer 2011. I took down the offending photo right away. I found it funny that they still wanted me to pay them anything. Needless to say, I thought it was a scam and Googled Getty fraud right away. Thankfully I found this site. After "trolling" for a few months I gained insight on the situation. I'm not a lawyer, so I contacted Oscar who responded to Getty on my behalf. A huge weight has been lifted off my shoulders.

So I would like to thank Oscar, Matthew, and everyone else who posts on this website. THANK YOU.
bernice

Robert Krausankas (BuddhaPi)

• ELI Defense Team Member
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • ExtortionLetterInfo
Re: Thank You
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2012, 08:33:37 AM »
You are most certainly welcome, and Thank You for getting educated and choosing the best option for your situation! If all recipients would take the time to learn the in and outs of this, the stock photo companies would see a decrease in revenue..hence we keep plugging along bringing this issue to the public.
Most questions have already been addressed in the forums, get yourself educated before making decisions.

Any advice is strictly that, and anything I may state is based on my opinions, and observations.
Robert Krausankas

I have a few friends around here..

Extortion-Victim-No Longer

• Fighting Extortion
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2012, 10:33:03 AM »
I love this website!
Kim

Matthew Chan

• ELI Founder, "Admin-on-Hiatus"
  • Administrator
  • 1st Amendment & Section 230 CDA Advocate
    • View Profile
    • Defiantly
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2012, 11:51:36 AM »
The ELI website and ELI community loves you back!   :)

I love this website!
I'm a non-lawyer but not legally ignorant either. Under the 1st Amendment, I have the right to post facts & opinions using rhetorical hyperbole, colloquialisms, metaphors, parody, snark, or epithets. Under Section 230 of CDA, I'm only responsible for posts I write, not what others write.

adamteddys

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2012, 03:05:15 PM »
I agree, this website is great! I had a getty letter come for a relatively small amount, not sure on what it was  or if it was legit, I asked some friends I have in the legal profession on the validity of it. I was surprised to hear that there are a ton of these sent out. My legal friends then recommended me to this site and oscar. After reading posts, watching/reading the info, I decided to hire oscar to write a letter to getty on my behalf. Everything was professionally done and communication was excellent. while my letter was asking for a pretty minimal amount, I can only imagine what someone would feel with some of the higher amounts I have read about on these forums. Do not loose sleep over these letters, hire a pro/expert in this area (like oscar and his staff), you will not regret it! also, thanks to all who contribute to the site! keep up the good work! :)

Krissy

« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2012, 06:17:50 PM »
This is a great website.....I will be posting my situation soon!
  Thank You

bernicem77

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2014, 09:57:59 PM »
I just want to update people on my case.
As a recap, I received a Getty letter back in the summer of 2011.
I had Oscar write me a letter.
It's been three years, and not a peep from Getty.

THANK YOU ELI FAMILY.

stinger

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2014, 09:58:50 AM »
Way to go Bernice!  A victory for the little "guy" against the big company and lawyer demons.  Please tell your story where ever you see fit, so others might be so lucky.

Jerry Witt (mcfilms)

• View Profile
    • Motion City
« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2014, 11:23:43 AM »
Nice to know the information we share on this site is helping people. Congratulations Bernice!
Although I may be a super-genius, I am not a lawyer. So take my scribblings for what they are worth and get a real lawyer for real legal advice. But if you want media and design advice, please visit Motion City at http://motioncity.com.

Greg Troy (KeepFighting)

• ELI Defense Team Member
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Yeah, We Do That.
« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2014, 12:22:14 AM »
Great job Bernice!!!  We are all here to help each other!  :)
Every situation is unique, any advice or opinions I offer are given for your consideration only. You must decide what is best for you and your particular situation. I am not a lawyer and do not offer legal advice.

--Greg Troy

Matthew Chan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Defiantly
« Reply #10 on: September 13, 2014, 08:06:40 PM »
I'm a non-lawyer but not legally ignorant either. Under the 1st Amendment, I have the right to post facts & opinions using rhetorical hyperbole, colloquialisms, metaphors, parody, snark, or epithets. Under Section 230 of CDA, I'm only responsible for posts I write, not what others write.

Matthew Chan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Defiantly
« Reply #11 on: September 13, 2014, 08:08:14 PM »
We are happy to hear this and I am sure going forward, you will be much more careful as the rest of us going forward.

And I personally thank you for being part of the ELI Community!

I just want to update people on my case.
As a recap, I received a Getty letter back in the summer of 2011.
I had Oscar write me a letter.
It's been three years, and not a peep from Getty.

THANK YOU ELI FAMILY.

Oscar Michelen

• ELI Legal Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Courtroom Strategy
« Reply #12 on: September 24, 2014, 04:10:34 PM »
So many outside the ELI community label us as "anti-copyright"  "bullying" and even "a hate group." They do not take the time to see that ELI promotes thoughtful, insightful and substantive commentary and discussion about a variety of issues. More importantly, ELI provides an effective mechanism to combat copyright-trolling with information; my letter program also allows  individuals and business owners access to qualified legal advice and assistance.  I'm glad to hear that we have been able to help Bernice and others get this problem off their back! Thanks for the positive feedback guys!   

Official ELI Help Options
Get Help With Your Extortion Letter | ELI Phone Support Call | ELI Defense Letter Program
Show your support of the ELI website & ELI Forums through a PayPal Contribution. Thank you for supporting the ongoing fight and reporting of Extortion Settlement Demand Letters.