Click Official ELI Links
Get Help With Your Extortion Letter | ELI Phone Support | ELI Legal Representation Program
Show your support of the ELI website & ELI Forums through a PayPal Contribution. Thank you for supporting the ongoing fight and reporting of Extortion Settlement Demand Letters.

Author Topic: Compilation Registration flaw?  (Read 2598 times)

TK

• View Profile
Compilation Registration flaw?
« on: June 06, 2013, 10:17:21 PM »
Read this thread...
http://www.extortionletterinfo.com/forum/getty-images-letter-forum/masterfile%27s-copyright-registration-method-held-invalid-by-california-court/

Does this mean if the image they're questioning you about was part of a compilation and they can't tell your certain information such as date of first publish... there is a loop hole for some of us? What other information could you ask them to produce to establish that the image wasn't registered properly or yeah... I'm not sure how to pose my question but I think you understand where i'm coming from.

Oscar Michelen

• ELI Legal Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Courtroom Strategy
Re: Compilation Registration flaw?
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2013, 10:17:27 PM »
You can read the decision in Chaga v. Masterfile from the link to the Scribd account. But to summarize if the registration is by compilation, unless the person filing the compilation is the copyright owner of all the works of art in the compilation, there is no protection for the individual parts of the compilation. The compilation registration must also include the dates of first publication for all the works in the compilation as well as the authors' names and other identifying info.

Official ELI Help Options
Get Help With Your Extortion Letter | ELI Phone Support Call | ELI Defense Letter Program
Show your support of the ELI website & ELI Forums through a PayPal Contribution. Thank you for supporting the ongoing fight and reporting of Extortion Settlement Demand Letters.