Click Official ELI Links
Get Help With Your Extortion Letter | ELI Phone Support | ELI Legal Representation Program
Show your support of the ELI website & ELI Forums through a PayPal Contribution. Thank you for supporting the ongoing fight and reporting of Extortion Settlement Demand Letters.

Author Topic: What if we pay GettyImages and then file a lawsuit and sue them?  (Read 3261 times)

ladyluck

I understand that a class action suit only takes place if there are damages. Do those people who have opened up their wallets and paid GettyImages have a legal stand against them?

Oscar Michelen

• ELI Legal Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Courtroom Strategy
Re: What if we pay GettyImages and then file a lawsuit and sue them?
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2011, 09:10:45 AM »
If you settle, it will be hard to prove you were damaged. Also a class action suit would require proof that Getty is doing something fraudulent or illegal. I have not seen evidence of either (not for lack of looking I might add).

Official ELI Help Options
Get Help With Your Extortion Letter | ELI Phone Support Call | ELI Defense Letter Program
Show your support of the ELI website & ELI Forums through a PayPal Contribution. Thank you for supporting the ongoing fight and reporting of Extortion Settlement Demand Letters.