Click Official ELI Links
Get Help With Your Extortion Letter | ELI Phone Support | ELI Legal Representation Program
Show your support of the ELI website & ELI Forums through a PayPal Contribution. Thank you for supporting the ongoing fight and reporting of Extortion Settlement Demand Letters.

Author Topic: Why is it so difficult (impossible) to get a hold of Oscar?  (Read 5882 times)

find_adil

• View Profile
Why is it so difficult (impossible) to get a hold of Oscar?
« on: March 09, 2011, 01:30:57 AM »
It seems like it is impossible to get a hold of Oscar Michelen. I have completed all the paperwork, and the payment has already been extracted from my credit card account however as of today, 2 1/2 weeks later, there is absolutely no response from Oscar.

I hate to say this but it seems a bit unprofessional when there is so much lack of communication. Honestly, I am stunned! I have dealt with various different professionals and have never had to chase down with 2-3 calls per week and an email every 3-4 days.

I am at lost at this point as to where to go from this point on. I am wondering if others here have experienced the same thing or if I am being singled out for some reason..

Robert Krausankas (BuddhaPi)

• ELI Defense Team Member
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • ExtortionLetterInfo
Re: Why is it so difficult (impossible) to get a hold of Oscar?
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2011, 09:46:41 AM »
I'm sure you're not being singled out! I'm also sure Oscar is very busy, I did not have any issues whatsoever, but there is a chance he is working on other case or possibly he has been stuck in court. This Getty thing is not his primary practice, he does this to help us out ( at a very good price I might add) I'm sure he will see your post and get with you..
Most questions have already been addressed in the forums, get yourself educated before making decisions.

Any advice is strictly that, and anything I may state is based on my opinions, and observations.
Robert Krausankas

I have a few friends around here..

Oscar Michelen

• ELI Legal Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Courtroom Strategy
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2011, 11:15:18 PM »
Hey Adil:

I am so sorry for the delay in responding to you  but when I am on trial, as I am now, I am literally in court the whole day and have to prepare for the next day and it can be hard for me to respond to my emails.  I value my client communication very highly and I am sorry that sometimes due to the nature of being a litigator I can be hard to reach.  I will check tomorrow on the status of the letter and get back to you.

find_adil

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2011, 11:32:26 PM »
Oscar,

As of today, there has been no new development on this. I have not heard from anyone.

Oscar Michelen

• ELI Legal Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Courtroom Strategy
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2011, 07:09:00 PM »
Adil:

The letter was sent out in February. I just emailed you a copy of it for your records. Sorry it was so hard to reach me, I have been on trial and been out of the office most days the last few weeks.

sdpetprojects

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2011, 01:13:03 AM »
Hello Oscar,

I'm also awaiting response on an e-mail and paperwork submitted last Monday (3/7). I did call your office to follow-up, and they told me that you were in court, so I'm not too concerned. Just wanted confirmation that my e-mail and documents were received.

Thanks!

sdpetprojects

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2011, 03:29:16 PM »
Hi Oscar,

It has now been 2 weeks, and no reply to my e-mail submission. Nor has my payment been processed. It is a little nerve-wracking not knowing if you've received my paperwork or not.

I appreciate this service and understand you are very busy, but a short "I received your stuff" e-mail would be great.

Could I suggest perhaps adding a general timeline to the website, such as "Requests will be responded to within X weeks.."? I think that anyone using this service is already stressed out, and having a general idea of the turnaround would help to manage our expectations.

Thanks again for your service.

Jamie

Oscar Michelen

• ELI Legal Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Courtroom Strategy
« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2011, 05:06:12 PM »
Good Idea Jamie, I will do that.  I located your file and the letter was done some time ago, though your cc was not charged.  We will charge it today. I sent the letter to your email address Sorry for the added stress

sdpetprojects

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2011, 01:24:10 AM »
Got it. Thanks! I did reply with a minor question about the letter, but overall it looks great, and has far more impact than anything I could send as a layperson.

I appreciate your help. If I never hear from Getty Images again, it will be too soon.

Jamie

Oscar Michelen

• ELI Legal Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Courtroom Strategy
« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2011, 02:04:51 PM »
No problem

Official ELI Help Options
Get Help With Your Extortion Letter | ELI Phone Support Call | ELI Defense Letter Program
Show your support of the ELI website & ELI Forums through a PayPal Contribution. Thank you for supporting the ongoing fight and reporting of Extortion Settlement Demand Letters.