Click Official ELI Links
Get Help With Your Extortion Letter | ELI Phone Support | ELI Legal Representation Program
Show your support of the ELI website & ELI Forums through a PayPal Contribution. Thank you for supporting the ongoing fight and reporting of Extortion Settlement Demand Letters.

Author Topic: Will I get more letters or demands?  (Read 2633 times)

jbailey3

• View Profile
Will I get more letters or demands?
« on: September 07, 2011, 03:22:31 PM »
I've searched around for an answer on this one, but can't really find it.

I received a Settlement Demand for 3 photos on a website.  While I feel that they are demanding too much money, I believe it is my responsibility to pay them for the infringement.

However, there were several other photos on the website, some of which are visible in the screenshots they sent along.  I'm wondering if they will come back and demand payment for those as well if I pay for the current photos in question.  Any ideas?

If it means anything, it appears they have selected the photos with the highest values.  The other ones in the screenshots are only $10-$20 while the ones they are seeking payment for are of the $400+ variety.  They are demanding almost double for each of those, which I believe is punitive in nature and the only thing I really take issue with.  I don't plan on paying for damages unless forced to do so by a jury.

And I have removed all of the photos now, of course.

Thanks!

Jake

Official ELI Help Options
Get Help With Your Extortion Letter | ELI Phone Support Call | ELI Defense Letter Program
Show your support of the ELI website & ELI Forums through a PayPal Contribution. Thank you for supporting the ongoing fight and reporting of Extortion Settlement Demand Letters.