Click Official ELI Links
Get Help With Your Extortion Letter | ELI Phone Support | ELI Legal Representation Program
Show your support of the ELI website & ELI Forums through a PayPal Contribution. Thank you for supporting the ongoing fight and reporting of Extortion Settlement Demand Letters.

Author Topic: An Interview With Jonathan Klein  (Read 3694 times)

Greg Troy (KeepFighting)

• ELI Defense Team Member
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Yeah, We Do That.
An Interview With Jonathan Klein
« on: September 29, 2013, 10:55:19 AM »
I just found this interview of Getty Images CEO Jonathan Klein that was in yesterdays New York Times.

It made for an interesting read.
http://www.nytimes.com/2013/09/29/business/jonathan-klein-of-getty-images-on-useful-critiques.html?_r=0

When speaking of his father talking about managing people,
.....he had thousands of workers in apartheid South Africa. We were brought up in a very liberal household, so he felt very strongly about what his obligations were toward his people.

Another quote from Mr. Klein's father...
The main ones were around your word and reputation. He would always say you could spend a lifetime creating a good reputation, and you could lose it with just one bad judgment.....

His father sounded like a wise man, it is a shame Mr. Klein did not listen better,I point to this thread as an example:
http://www.extortionletterinfo.com/forum/getty-images-letter-forum/jonathan-klein-and-getty-images-a-history-of-questionable-business-practices/

As for this next quote I would like to hear what Mr. Klein's reasons are as to why his current business model of demanding amounts that courts would not award on images not registered properly while threatening legal action without providing any proof of claim. An still continuing to tell people willing to reach an amicable settlement proof of claim will only be provided when we sue you.
I learned very quickly that titles, especially mine, do not matter, and that you have to find ways to get people to do things because they think it’s the right thing to do, and so you need to explain the reasons behind your decisions.

When speaking about the reasons employees don't work out....
....They don’t spend enough time trying to understand the business, the people and the culture, and they reach conclusions too quickly. And then the company turns against them because they were disrespectful to what we’ve achieved, or think we’ve achieved.

I wonder how many of these people who "don't work out" are from the copyright compliance department and it is a case of "we're doing what to people?"

It is an interesting article and a good read.
Every situation is unique, any advice or opinions I offer are given for your consideration only. You must decide what is best for you and your particular situation. I am not a lawyer and do not offer legal advice.

--Greg Troy

Official ELI Help Options
Get Help With Your Extortion Letter | ELI Phone Support Call | ELI Defense Letter Program
Show your support of the ELI website & ELI Forums through a PayPal Contribution. Thank you for supporting the ongoing fight and reporting of Extortion Settlement Demand Letters.