Click Official ELI Links
Get Help With Your Extortion Letter | ELI Phone Support | ELI Legal Representation Program
Show your support of the ELI website & ELI Forums through a PayPal Contribution. Thank you for supporting the ongoing fight and reporting of Extortion Settlement Demand Letters.

Author Topic: A Recent Demand Letter from VKT  (Read 7836 times)

Greg Troy (KeepFighting)

• ELI Defense Team Member
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Yeah, We Do That.
A Recent Demand Letter from VKT
« on: February 09, 2014, 10:01:34 PM »
Here is a look at a recent extortion demand letter from VKT.  It seems there have been a rash of these of late and his is back at it in full swing.  This was sent to my by the letter recipient and used with permission.

http://www.scribd.com/doc/205950975/VKT-Letter-Jan-2014

Thoughts and comments welcome.
Every situation is unique, any advice or opinions I offer are given for your consideration only. You must decide what is best for you and your particular situation. I am not a lawyer and do not offer legal advice.

--Greg Troy

Robert Krausankas (BuddhaPi)

• ELI Defense Team Member
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • ExtortionLetterInfo
Re: A Recent Demand Letter from VKT
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2014, 08:58:28 AM »
This is a bit different than grabbing a "free wallpaper" and using it on your site, this recipient was actually selling prints on ebay! Lets just say I don't have much sympathy in this case...
Most questions have already been addressed in the forums, get yourself educated before making decisions.

Any advice is strictly that, and anything I may state is based on my opinions, and observations.
Robert Krausankas

I have a few friends around here..

scraggy

• View Profile
Re: A Recent Demand Letter from VKT
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2014, 09:43:23 AM »
Hold on a minute!
Let me get this straight!

Mr Taylor lives in Hawaii, and is an American citizen.
The alleged copyright violator lives in Australia, and was contacted by an Australian lawyer.

In theory, I am sure that Mr Taylor can sue in Australia, but it's going to cost him a fortune!

I presume he would have to be available for various court hearings at different stages. After all, he is a central witness.
Perhaps he would also have to attend arbitration meetings.
The cost of flights, hotels and lawyer's fees is going to be exorbitantly high!

I think the defendant could also request that he pre-pay court fees just in case Mr. Taylor loses the case. If he lived in Hawaii, the defendant would have a very hard time recovering costs.

In short, I think the financial costs and risk that Mr Taylor would take on, make it totally insane to file a lawsuit in a distant foreign land! The chances are close to zero!

In my opinion, it's just a local lawyer who is trying to make an easy Australian buck!

Official ELI Help Options
Get Help With Your Extortion Letter | ELI Phone Support Call | ELI Defense Letter Program
Show your support of the ELI website & ELI Forums through a PayPal Contribution. Thank you for supporting the ongoing fight and reporting of Extortion Settlement Demand Letters.