Click Official ELI Links
Get Help With Your Extortion Letter | ELI Phone Support | ELI Legal Representation Program
Show your support of the ELI website & ELI Forums through a PayPal Contribution. Thank you for supporting the ongoing fight and reporting of Extortion Settlement Demand Letters.

Author Topic: go-daddy's misguided use of DMCA  (Read 8138 times)

Robert Krausankas (BuddhaPi)

• ELI Defense Team Member
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • ExtortionLetterInfo
go-daddy's misguided use of DMCA
« on: May 29, 2012, 01:57:45 PM »
Another case of GoDaddy not only removing the questionable image, but shutting down the entire account..not just the hosting account for the domain in question, but the entire account including a total of 14 sites under this one account.

I have seen first hand that some of the "Free Wallpaper" sites that have Vincent K Tylor / Hawaiian Artnetwork images on them are hosted with go-daddy, yet they are still online...just say'in
Most questions have already been addressed in the forums, get yourself educated before making decisions.

Any advice is strictly that, and anything I may state is based on my opinions, and observations.
Robert Krausankas

I have a few friends around here..

SoylentGreen

• View Profile
Re: go-daddy's misguided use of DMCA
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2012, 02:14:56 PM »
A good reason not to use GoDaddy.

Also, everybody knows that Tylor/H.A.N. aren't going after any of the sites that give away their content for "free".

S.G.

« Last Edit: May 29, 2012, 05:39:25 PM by SoylentGreen »

Moe Hacken

• We have not yet begun to hack
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2012, 10:55:06 AM »
I have seen first hand that some of the "Free Wallpaper" sites that have Vincent K Tylor / Hawaiian Artnetwork images on them are hosted with go-daddy, yet they are still online...just say'in

I know of 6 different websites hosted on ThePlanet.com in Spartansburg, SC, that are up and happily spreading the joy of free HAN/VKT wallpaper.

I know of 4 different websites hosted on HostGator.com in Minneapolis, MN, that are also cheerfully spreading the HAN/VKT wallpaper.

I will gladly share the email, phone and contact person information with anyone who's interested in stopping this flagrant copyright infringement. Or just Google the ISPs, they're not going anywhere.
I'd rather die on my feet than live on my knees

Matthew Chan

• ELI Founder, "Admin-on-Hiatus"
  • Administrator
  • 1st Amendment & Section 230 CDA Advocate
    • View Profile
    • Defiantly
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2012, 04:12:27 PM »
Photo Attorney Carolyn Wright complained about the insanely heavy-handed GoDaddy DMCA takedown policies where they take down ALL your websites, not just the offending page or website.. Apparently, she was an unintended victim of her own demand letter by another photographer.

Carolyn speaks 17 minutes into the video. So you can jump forward there.

It appears she smartly moved away from GoDaddy for webhosting.

It appears ELI and Carolyn agree on GoDaddy. Amazing.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2012, 04:32:09 PM by Matthew Chan »
I'm a non-lawyer but not legally ignorant either. Under the 1st Amendment, I have the right to post facts & opinions using rhetorical hyperbole, colloquialisms, metaphors, parody, snark, or epithets. Under Section 230 of CDA, I'm only responsible for posts I write, not what others write.

Moe Hacken

• We have not yet begun to hack
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2012, 09:24:14 PM »
This is the exact reason that Glen Carner's responses about attempts to stop the baitpaper sites totally strain credulity. Let's take a look at the Glen Carner statement regarding DMCA takedown notices, from an ELI thread just about 3 weeks old:

Quote from: SoylentGreen on June 02, 2012, 03:47:27 PM
Mr Carner,

Have you in the past or are you presently making concerted efforts to have Mr Tylor's images removed from the hundreds of sites that presently offer them as free of cost?

If so, can you present any letters from your lawyers or DMCA takedown requests?

Please be mindful that obvious evidence of seeding images for free will always trump the simple denials that you have made.
We would like to see what Mr Tylor and you are doing about it.

S.G.

Yes, HAN does them continuously.  There are a few other things that we may be able to provide to quickly debunk this (even though your research could provide a quick answer if you stop looking for what you are trying to find) which hopefully I can post here shortly.  Thank you for asking though which is much appreciated vs. the shoot first ask questions later approach.

Okay, so Glen Carner affirms that HAN does DMCA takedown notices CONTINUOUSLY? How about this here site:

http://wallpapersuggest.com/an_empty_hammock_kauai_hawaii___id_wallpapersuggest_com-wallpapers.html

Need proof it's hosted or registered by GoDaddy? Here you go:

http://www.ip-adress.com/whois/wallpapersuggest.com

In case you have any doubt that the registrar can takedown the site, here's the way it works:

For Copyright Claims, upon receipt of appropriate notification from the Complaining Party, pursuant to Section 1 of Copyright Claims above, Go Daddy will remove or disable access to the material that is claimed to be infringing.

Source: http://www.godaddy.com/agreements/showdoc.aspx?pageid=TRADMARK_COPY

By the way, if you scroll down on that WhoIs listing, there's a section titled "related websites". Every single one has "wallpaper" as part of the domain name. What does that suggest about WallpaperSuggest.com and the company it keeps?

I have repeatedly offered to provide Glen Carner with plenty of domain names that they can have taken down. However, as I have SUGGESTED before, HAN is not interested because there's no money in sending takedown notices as opposed to sending extortion letters to the victims of free baitpaper sites.

I will, at the risk of being redundant, repeat a list of 10 websites hosted by two ISPs controlled by Texas-based SoftLayer.com that can be taken down with ONE SINGLE TAKEDOWN NOTICE:

On ThePlanet.com in Spartansburg, SC
Newhdwallpaperstock.com
Kewlwallpapers.com
Wallpapers5.com
Brothersoft.com
Vandegoor.com
Pimpdesktop.com

On HostGator.com in Minneapoiis, MN
Scenicreflections.com
Stockwallpapers.org
Hdwallpapers.pro
Photoz.us

Does anyone here believe HAN has actually made any attempt to stop these baitpaper sites? He changed the subject before getting to the part about proving that HAN has issued even ONE SINGLE TAKEDOWN NOTICE.

His performance as a "contributor" to ELI was all about deception, seduction and sedition. He and Tylor have built themselves a system of "plausible deniability". At the end of the day, it's just a house of cards and the wind is starting to blow in Honolulu as the heat rises.
I'd rather die on my feet than live on my knees

Robert Krausankas (BuddhaPi)

• ELI Defense Team Member
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • ExtortionLetterInfo
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2012, 09:29:24 PM »
I like this post so much I'm quoting the whole damn thing!
I personally never believed ANYTHING that came from him, he was on a self serving mission in my opinion from the get-go. just as well he did not answer my questions, lest i would have had to keep calling him out, as I'm fairly confident I know the answers already..

This is the exact reason that Glen Carner's responses about attempts to stop the baitpaper sites totally strain credulity. Let's take a look at the Glen Carner statement regarding DMCA takedown notices, from an ELI thread just about 3 weeks old:

Quote from: SoylentGreen on June 02, 2012, 03:47:27 PM
Mr Carner,

Have you in the past or are you presently making concerted efforts to have Mr Tylor's images removed from the hundreds of sites that presently offer them as free of cost?

If so, can you present any letters from your lawyers or DMCA takedown requests?

Please be mindful that obvious evidence of seeding images for free will always trump the simple denials that you have made.
We would like to see what Mr Tylor and you are doing about it.

S.G.

Yes, HAN does them continuously.  There are a few other things that we may be able to provide to quickly debunk this (even though your research could provide a quick answer if you stop looking for what you are trying to find) which hopefully I can post here shortly.  Thank you for asking though which is much appreciated vs. the shoot first ask questions later approach.

Okay, so Glen Carner affirms that HAN does DMCA takedown notices CONTINUOUSLY? How about this here site:

http://wallpapersuggest.com/an_empty_hammock_kauai_hawaii___id_wallpapersuggest_com-wallpapers.html

Need proof it's hosted or registered by GoDaddy? Here you go:

http://www.ip-adress.com/whois/wallpapersuggest.com

In case you have any doubt that the registrar can takedown the site, here's the way it works:

For Copyright Claims, upon receipt of appropriate notification from the Complaining Party, pursuant to Section 1 of Copyright Claims above, Go Daddy will remove or disable access to the material that is claimed to be infringing.

Source: http://www.godaddy.com/agreements/showdoc.aspx?pageid=TRADMARK_COPY

By the way, if you scroll down on that WhoIs listing, there's a section titled "related websites". Every single one has "wallpaper" as part of the domain name. What does that suggest about WallpaperSuggest.com and the company it keeps?

I have repeatedly offered to provide Glen Carner with plenty of domain names that they can have taken down. However, as I have SUGGESTED before, HAN is not interested because there's no money in sending takedown notices as opposed to sending extortion letters to the victims of free baitpaper sites.

I will, at the risk of being redundant, repeat a list of 10 websites hosted by two ISPs controlled by Texas-based SoftLayer.com that can be taken down with ONE SINGLE TAKEDOWN NOTICE:

On ThePlanet.com in Spartansburg, SC
Newhdwallpaperstock.com
Kewlwallpapers.com
Wallpapers5.com
Brothersoft.com
Vandegoor.com
Pimpdesktop.com

On HostGator.com in Minneapoiis, MN
Scenicreflections.com
Stockwallpapers.org
Hdwallpapers.pro
Photoz.us

Does anyone here believe HAN has actually made any attempt to stop these baitpaper sites? He changed the subject before getting to the part about proving that HAN has issued even ONE SINGLE TAKEDOWN NOTICE.

His performance as a "contributor" to ELI was all about deception, seduction and sedition. He and Tylor have built themselves a system of "plausible deniability". At the end of the day, it's just a house of cards and the wind is starting to blow in Honolulu as the heat rises.
Most questions have already been addressed in the forums, get yourself educated before making decisions.

Any advice is strictly that, and anything I may state is based on my opinions, and observations.
Robert Krausankas

I have a few friends around here..

Official ELI Help Options
Get Help With Your Extortion Letter | ELI Phone Support Call | ELI Defense Letter Program
Show your support of the ELI website & ELI Forums through a PayPal Contribution. Thank you for supporting the ongoing fight and reporting of Extortion Settlement Demand Letters.