Click Official ELI Links
Get Help With Your Extortion Letter | ELI Phone Support | ELI Legal Representation Program
Show your support of the ELI website & ELI Forums through a PayPal Contribution. Thank you for supporting the ongoing fight and reporting of Extortion Settlement Demand Letters.

Author Topic: Hawaiian Art Network Settlement Demand Letter Collection  (Read 18484 times)

Matthew Chan

• ELI Founder, "Admin-on-Hiatus"
  • Administrator
  • 1st Amendment & Section 230 CDA Advocate
    • View Profile
    • Defiantly
Re: Hawaiian Art Network Settlement Demand Letter Collection
« Reply #15 on: February 05, 2012, 05:00:21 AM »
It appears that Copyright Services International has been cancelled. I wonder if it had anything to do with us exposing this information.  Or is it simply that the functions of that business was rolled into Hawaiian Art Network LLC.

Apparently Mr Carner also owns this company...

http://copyrightservicesinternational.com/contact.htm

as can be confirmed here:

http://hbe.ehawaii.gov/documents/trade.html?fileNumber=72605C5&certificate=4091906
I'm a non-lawyer but not legally ignorant either. Under the 1st Amendment, I have the right to post facts & opinions using rhetorical hyperbole, colloquialisms, metaphors, parody, snark, or epithets. Under Section 230 of CDA, I'm only responsible for posts I write, not what others write.

Matthew Chan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Defiantly
« Reply #16 on: February 05, 2012, 05:28:33 AM »
One little "mystery" appears to have been solved to my satisfaction.  I believe Hawaiian Art Network LLC is solely owned by Glen Carner. I believe this because the Hawaii Business Registration reveals it to be a single-member LLC which essentially means a single-owner. How much business or revenue he does, I cannot tell right now.

http://hbe.ehawaii.gov/documents/business.html?fileNumber=72605C5&view=officers

I believe HAN is a small, privately-held company with relatively few employees (less than 5 employees). Because of the relatively few employees, I believe Glen has created a "virtual" company using the Internet, joint ventures, partnering, vendors, and independent contractors. I know something of creating a virtual organization because I have done so myself.  It would explain HAN's ongoing "dependency" on outside lawyers that have come in and out of ELI's field of reporting.

And since we are on the subject of using outside lawyers, I believe the lawyers Glen hires are contingency lawyers that work approximately on a 60/40 basis. 60% goes to HAN, 40% goes to the lawyer. I make this estimation because I have dealt with other lawyers who do collections work for similar splits that vary from 70/30, 65/35, or 60/40 splits.

Regarding the recent HAN lawsuits, I am guessing that Glen had to front the court filing fees but Lawyer J. Street might split any settlement that comes from the lawsuit filing. Of course, the purpose is to try to "force" a settlement as a sustained fight in the courts would not make it worthwhile for a collections lawyer.  I base this scenario on my own experiences with law firms that did collections.  They would not front the court filing fees but would put their staff's time to prepare the paperwork.

At the end of the day, as far as I am concerned, any actions or decisions HAN makes boils down to Glen Carner.  Up to now, we have referred to actions taken by HAN as one decided by a faceless entity. The reality is all corporate entities are managed by people. He is ultimately accountable and he knows a lot of the issues we discuss here on ELI. In fact, since he is "the man", he reads nearly everything we post and monitors ELI as much as we monitor him and his cohorts.

As far as I am concerned, being part of the whole free wallpaper baiting issue is a disgrace to his actions as a business person.  It is my guess that Glen knows about it but I do not feel he is directly responsible for it. He just turns a blind eye to it. I believe the wallpaper seeding that we have seen rests on Vincent Tylor.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2012, 05:31:39 AM by Matthew Chan »
I'm a non-lawyer but not legally ignorant either. Under the 1st Amendment, I have the right to post facts & opinions using rhetorical hyperbole, colloquialisms, metaphors, parody, snark, or epithets. Under Section 230 of CDA, I'm only responsible for posts I write, not what others write.

Robert Krausankas (BuddhaPi)

• ELI Defense Team Member
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • ExtortionLetterInfo
« Reply #17 on: February 05, 2012, 08:01:59 AM »
I tend to believe that HAN gets a list of lawyers from picscout, as well as the generic FAQ that comes with the letters. Most of these lawyers are new and inexperienced, which boils down to be less expensive..It seems to be a recurring theme among the stock image companies..kinda like in the Movie the jerk, when the sniper picks Navin as his target..
Most questions have already been addressed in the forums, get yourself educated before making decisions.

Any advice is strictly that, and anything I may state is based on my opinions, and observations.
Robert Krausankas

I have a few friends around here..

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • ExtortionLetterInfo
« Reply #18 on: February 06, 2012, 07:47:21 AM »
I'm not so sure Glen Carner doesn't have his little hand in the pot...

http://publisher.brothersoft.com/glen-carner.html

Just say'in
Most questions have already been addressed in the forums, get yourself educated before making decisions.

Any advice is strictly that, and anything I may state is based on my opinions, and observations.
Robert Krausankas

SoylentGreen

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 06, 2012, 11:48:15 AM »
Nice!!

S.G.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2012, 02:38:17 AM by Matthew Chan »

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • ExtortionLetterInfo
« Reply #20 on: February 06, 2012, 12:50:33 PM »

Robert Krausankas

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • ExtortionLetterInfo
« Reply #21 on: February 06, 2012, 07:15:21 PM »

Just say'in

Agree 100%!  BTW...I went to click on that link...check out what my Norton said about this link!

http://safeweb.norton.com/report/show?url=http:%2F%2Fpublisher.brothersoft.com%2Fglen-carner.html

My system scans twice daily, and has come up clean, and nothing popped up a warning, then again I'm not using Norton, I hope I don't pass a bug around.

Robert Krausankas

Matthew Chan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Defiantly
« Reply #22 on: February 07, 2012, 02:42:57 AM »
I guess I need to make a correction in my opinion piece. He is also part of the baiting process. This link actually reveals a bit more how the baiting is accomplished.  Yet another bullshit wallpaper.

http://www.brothersoft.com/hawaii-pictures-screen-saver-13.html

(That is right, I spelled BS out.  Tired of seeing this screen saver entrapment scheme.  Need to write another small piece on this.)

Just say'in

Official ELI Help Options
Get Help With Your Extortion Letter | ELI Phone Support Call | ELI Defense Letter Program
Show your support of the ELI website & ELI Forums through a PayPal Contribution. Thank you for supporting the ongoing fight and reporting of Extortion Settlement Demand Letters.