Retired Forums > Hawaiian Letters & Lawsuits Forum

Hawaiian Art Network v. Aloha Plastic Surgery Lawsuit Settled

<< < (2/2)

SoylentGreen:
I'm thinking along the same lines as Matt.
Readers may also recall a recent event wherein a HAN/Carner/Tylor suit was dismissed because the potential defendant wasn't served.
http://www.extortionletterinfo.com/forum/getty-images-letter-forum/hawaiian-art-network-llc-v-the-scott-llc-et-al/
They're backing off.  It does seem likely that the court system wasn't the solution that they thought it was.

S.G.

Oscar Michelen:
I was hoping this lawsuit would reveal some information about he "seeding" issue but what likely happened is that a federal judge did not want to waste time on a lawsuit over some digital images and pressed for a settlement.  Once the number gets to a nuisance level its hard for a defendant to resist putting up a small amount just to end the case and get back to their business. Most federal cases that settle involve confidentiality and sealing and the courts see that as a way of resolving cases more readily.  Plaintiffs may not want the world to know they brought a lawsuit and settled for $1,500 or defendants may not want the world to know they settled. I agree that it would be better if it was all in the open as Mulligan suggests but that would lead to more trials to "prove a point" and the system is too backlogged as it is. What many folks don't realize is that Federal judges also have an extensive criminal calendar which takes priority over civil cases and which occupies the majority of a judges time and docket. So they strongly prefer civil matters to go away quickly and quietly and whatever methodology makes that happen they are in favor of .

Moe Hacken:
It's too bad we can't know the sordid details, but I'm very happy to read Matt's report that Dr. Pasquale is pleased with the settlement. That alone makes me happy.

I'd like to think that the good guys won, and that it was more than a pyrrhic victory.

Matthew Chan:
There are lessons to be learned in fighting back. None of us will ever know what the actual settlement terms were but James Stephen Street apparently supported the terms of this settlement to which Aloha Plastic Surgery fought for nearly a year. The key thing was he went on the attack to file a counter-suit to find out more about the free wallpaper "seeding" and how VKT is making out like a bandit from this. 

Michael Pasquale apparent was satisfied enough to agree to the terms.

This is the complete docket from beginning to end and is an example to all Vincent Tylor & (half-a-century too late & Social Security collecting artist/attorney) James Stephen Street / Dane (young pup and amateur with no website) Anderson lawsuits.

http://www.scribd.com/doc/237346152/Complete-Docket-for-Hawaiian-Art-Network-v-Aloha-Plastic-Surgery

It is so convenient for these free wallpaper websites to distribute VKT photos and when someone is dumb enough to get one of those images.  The Hawaiian Trio of Tylor/Street/Anderson make out like bandits from the free wallpaper scheme.

Robert Krausankas (BuddhaPi):

--- Quote from: Matthew Chan on August 20, 2014, 05:41:20 PM ---
It is so convenient for these free wallpaper websites to distribute VKT photos and when someone is dumb enough to get one of those images.  The Hawaiian Trio of Tylor/Street/Anderson make out like bandits from the free wallpaper scheme.

--- End quote ---

You can bet your ass that Hawaiian copyright attorney troll J. Stephen Street and that other douchebag VK Tylor ( Vincent Tylor from Landmark Hawaiian Images) are not taking any action to have these "free" wallpaper images removed, there are still plenty of those sites hosted with go-daddy alive and well today.. I won't get into who VK Tylor is teaching his son the trolling ropes as well, but I think there is another thread already started here about that..

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version