Click Official ELI Links
Get Help With Your Extortion Letter | ELI Phone Support | ELI Legal Representation Program
Show your support of the ELI website & ELI Forums through a PayPal Contribution. Thank you for supporting the ongoing fight and reporting of Extortion Settlement Demand Letters.

Author Topic: MY questions for copyright troll Copyright Services International & Glen Carner  (Read 8531 times)

Robert Krausankas (BuddhaPi)

• ELI Defense Team Member
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • ExtortionLetterInfo
Seems Glen Carner has missed a few of my questions, or has just plainly chosen to ignore them. Maybe he doesn't like me for some reason, which is to bad cause I'm a really nice guy, so it's his loss..

Some of these questions are really easy to answer, just a simple yes or no would be sufficient, it may be difficult for Glen to do this without talking out the side of his mouth, or putting a spin on them, but we'll see..

Let me ask you this: Every letter except one we have seen come from HAN has been in regards to Tylors' images, why is it that none of your other photographers under the HAN umbrella have this very same issue?

While on the subject of HAN and the photgrpahers you work with, I noticed a few months back you had a nice listing of photographers under the Hawaiian Art Network umbrella, yet today when I look I see no list just V.K.Tylor, did your other photogs abandon ship, before the lifeboats filled up?
Yes or no

DMCA Takedowns...How's that working out for you, as we see there are multiple sites which still host VK Tylors' images, many of which are hosted in the states I don't suppose you'd care to share these notices would you?
Yes or no

What do your other artist's think about what you are doing?

You state: "Ironically, it's the more seasoned attorneys who drift away from the "letter" of the law." Sorry this is complete BS, Oscar Michelen is a very well seasoned attorney in the area of IP, I have yet to see him drift away from the letter of the law, but he shows morals and ethics, whereas  Attorney Brandon Sand your very own "new lawyer" actually threatened jail time over a civil matter, and you were okay with this? Or did you the client not recieve a copy of this communication??
Yes or no (this is a little more difficult as it's a 2 parter)

Isn't it the responsibility of the owner of said images to control his own stuff?
 Yes or no

Are you going to sit there and tell that if you had an AC repairman come in and fix you air, and he inadvertently put in a faulty part that was supplied by the manufacture, that caused your house to burn down, you would seek relief from the repairman?
Yes or no

You send your letters in the hope you will make a quick buck, if that fails you escalate this to your attorney, thus instilling more fear and again hoping to make a fast buck, all the while threatening a lawsuit. In the event a suit is filed are you going to tell us that you really want that suit to go the distance?
 Yes or no

I find it hard to believe that:  that you are not copied on this correspondence, where you could quickly and easily address items that were over the top..Do you indeed never see the letters that are sent?
Yes or no

Most questions have already been addressed in the forums, get yourself educated before making decisions.

Any advice is strictly that, and anything I may state is based on my opinions, and observations.
Robert Krausankas

I have a few friends around here..

Glen Carner

• View Profile
Can you post these again without the name calling in the title?  Thanks.
Doesn't have many friends around here.

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • ExtortionLetterInfo
Can you post these again without the name calling in the title?  Thanks.

Aloha!
you seem a little pissy this morning...If I were to change the title of the post it would not do as well in the search engines..but I suppose I could come up with a new title..would this one suit you better?

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=copyright%20nazi
« Last Edit: June 04, 2012, 01:11:24 PM by buddhapi »
Most questions have already been addressed in the forums, get yourself educated before making decisions.

Any advice is strictly that, and anything I may state is based on my opinions, and observations.
Robert Krausankas

Matthew Chan

• ELI Founder, "Admin-on-Hiatus"
  • Administrator
  • 1st Amendment & Section 230 CDA Advocate
    • View Profile
    • Defiantly
Glen,

I read through BuddhaPi's initial post twice. It certainly has a "snarky attitude" with sarcasm and innuendo but I don't see where he has actually called you anything.

If you think anyone is going to sanitize their writing for you, forget it.  People don't even sanitize their writings for me! Nearly everyone has strong positions they take on this topic.

If you don't want to answer, you obviously don't have to but let me clue you in, if you think BuddhaPi is going to rewrite his questions to suit you, good luck on that.

The reality is BuddhaPi's questions reflect many other people's questions. It is immaterial to me whether you answer or not (or stay or go for that matter) as your credibility is suspect with me and a number of other people.  However, others may want to hear what you have to say regardless.
I'm a non-lawyer but not legally ignorant either. Under the 1st Amendment, I have the right to post facts & opinions using rhetorical hyperbole, colloquialisms, metaphors, parody, snark, or epithets. Under Section 230 of CDA, I'm only responsible for posts I write, not what others write.

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • ExtortionLetterInfo
Glen,

I read through BuddhaPi's initial post twice. It certainly has a "snarky attitude" with sarcasm and innuendo but I don't see where he has actually called you anything.

If you think anyone is going to sanitize their writing for you, forget it.  People don't even sanitize their writings for me! Nearly everyone has strong positions they take on this topic.

If you don't want to answer, you obviously don't have to but let me clue you in, if you think BuddhaPi is going to rewrite his questions to suit you, good luck on that.

The reality is BuddhaPi's questions reflect many other people's questions. It is immaterial to me whether you answer or not (or stay or go for that matter) as your credibility is suspect with me and a number of other people.  However, others may want to hear what you have to say regardless.

He's referring to the fact the I titled the post " MY questions for copyright troll Copyright Services International & Glen Carner"

and no I won't re-write, rephrase, soften, sanitize anything I write, it is what it is, I call it as I see it, when I see if differently I will adjust to the times..I must admit I do like "Copyright Nazi as much as I like the troll moniker..
« Last Edit: June 04, 2012, 02:00:35 PM by buddhapi »

Robert Krausankas

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • ExtortionLetterInfo
Since Glen Carner doesn't like the term "Copyright Troll", much like the lawyers don't like the term "Extortion Letter" I thought I would paste this from wikipedia..

A copyright troll is a pejorative term for a party that enforces copyrights it owns for purposes of making money through litigation, in a manner considered unduly aggressive or opportunistic, generally without producing or licensing the works it owns for paid distribution. Critics object to the activity because they believe it does not encourage the production of creative works, instead it makes money from the inequities and unintended consequences of high statutory damages provisions in copyright laws intended to encourage creation of such works.

I think we have seen this phrased around before, but haven't had a chance to use it just yet, but I think it's only a matter of time before we can..

Vexatious litigation - is legal action which is brought, regardless of its merits, solely to harass or subdue an adversary. It may take the form of a primary frivolous lawsuit or may be the repetitive, burdensome, and unwarranted filing of meritless motions in a matter which is otherwise a meritorious cause of action. Filing vexatious litigation is considered an abuse of the judicial process and may result in sanctions against the offender.

Robert Krausankas

Official ELI Help Options
Get Help With Your Extortion Letter | ELI Phone Support Call | ELI Defense Letter Program
Show your support of the ELI website & ELI Forums through a PayPal Contribution. Thank you for supporting the ongoing fight and reporting of Extortion Settlement Demand Letters.